Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the mornings (sometimes) I have no dash lights...like the speedometer, what gear it's in, etc. After driving awhile and I shut it off, wait awhile, turn on again, , they might come back on again, or might not. Seems to happen if the temperature is around 48 degrees or less. But that may or may not be the cause, I dunno.
Anyone know what may cause this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the mornings (sometimes) I have no dash lights...like the speedometer, what gear it's in, etc. After driving awhile and I shut it off, wait awhile, turn on again, , they might come back on again, or might not. Seems to happen if the temperature is around 48 degrees or less. But that may or may not be the cause, I dunno.
I wonder if the dimmer knob is worn out and not making contact when it's cold. My 2007 does something similar and I if I dim the dash lights then turn it all the way up until it clicks they'll work

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do a google search and you can find several videos on how to reset the computer to bring those lights back on again. It works for me in my 2007 Prius. And, yes, I said works, as in more than once. It happens to mine every now and then so I have had to do it about 4 times now. It didn't ever happen until the first time I had my Cat. Converter stolen. Yes, I have had mine stolen twice now, even with the anti theft plate the second time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a google search and you can find several videos on how to reset the computer to bring those lights back on again. It works for me in my 2007 Prius. And, yes, I said works, as in more than once. It happens to mine every now and then so I have had to do it about 4 times now. It didn't ever happen until the first time I had my Cat. Converter stolen. Yes, I have had mine stolen twice now, even with the anti theft plate the second time.
Thank YOU

·
Registered
2 Posts
My '04 Prius recently had the dash go dark, all lights off on the dash. Shut down and restarted but no joy. Parked it and next day was going to T-shoot looking for blown fuse etc but thought I'd give it one more chance and it fired up normally with all normal lights. No repeat so far. No clue what causes it. Dash lights are not very bright even at full intensity and are hard to read in bright sun, no, make that impossible to read in bright sun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts