Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel wrote:
"Good thing someone else gave you the answer on that one, Karen, because I don't have the Homelink. I've got the "AM" pkg, which basically has all the safety stuff and none of the "luxury" stuff.

I live in an apartment, so I take my garage-door remote into the apartment with me when I park the car, so that I can close the door, and then open it again when I return to the car. So the Homelink would have served me no purpose. "

Daniel, I couldn't quite make out your comment. Is your car in a garage or on the street? If it is in a garage, is it a "communal" garage for lots of people? (Homelink would still work on that garage also...)

Thanks for explaining what you mean! :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I lived in a condo complex that had individual, separate garages. The only way to open or close them was via the remote. And my condo unit was too far away for the remote to work from there. (And I had just about the closest garage-to-unit distance of anyone.) So I had to take the remote out of the car with me, and carry it to the unit. Then, to go driving again, I'd carry the remote with me out of my unit, and hit the button halfway to the garage.

So home-link would have been semi-useless, since I would have needed to carry the remote with me anyway.

I'm guessing Daniel's situation is the same.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ehurtley said:
So home-link would have been semi-useless, since I would have needed to carry the remote with me anyway.
Useless, yes, doesn't work anyway. Neither did the one on the Lexus this Prius is replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts