Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel, what is the magic "trick" erasing Homelink entries? I read the maual. Forget it. I did not use a fresh battery when I set the garage door opener initially. Hence, I have a weak signal. So, I want to "reprogram" it. But first I must erase the old program. How does one do that? Manual is not clear... as usual (just like it is NOT clear on how to access ALL accessories without turning on the car....)

Thanks for your brain(s) and help!!!!!!! Karen Ann

·
Registered
28 Posts
For Homelink - All you need to do is press the button you will be using until it starts flashing slowly - (first it flashes quickly) - then just let go -

That is supposed to clear the old signal. Then when you are ready to re-program, just repeat the original set up steps -

Good Luck!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Shepans right.
You don't need to reset it. When you start to program it and hold down the buttons, then you get to the point where you are supposed to hold the other remote’s buttons down, that will automatically erase the old entrees.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shepan said:
For Homelink - All you need to do is press the button you will be using until it starts flashing slowly - (first it flashes quickly) - then just let go -

That is supposed to clear the old signal. Then when you are ready to re-program, just repeat the original set up steps -

Good Luck!
Dear Sherry,
Thank you so much for your kind help. For some reason it took several "tries" this time to get the light to flash quickly and erase the old signal. It did not seem to want to work right away. However, I am persistent. And eventually, I was able to erase the old signal and reprogram the garage door opener with the fresh battery. Bless you for your help. I certainly love my "baby." Karen

·
Registered
623 Posts
Good thing someone else gave you the answer on that one, Karen, because I don't have the Homelink. I've got the "AM" pkg, which basically has all the safety stuff and none of the "luxury" stuff.

I live in an apartment, so I take my garage-door remote into the apartment with me when I park the car, so that I can close the door, and then open it again when I return to the car. So the Homelink would have served me no purpose.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daniel said:
Good thing someone else gave you the answer on that one, Karen, because I don't have the Homelink. I've got the "AM" pkg, which basically has all the safety stuff and none of the "luxury" stuff.

I live in an apartment, so I take my garage-door remote into the apartment with me when I park the car, so that I can close the door, and then open it again when I return to the car. So the Homelink would have served me no purpose.
Daniel, I couldn't quite make out your comment. Is your car in a garage or on the street? If it is in a garage, is it a "communal" garage for lots of people? (Homelink would still work on that garage also...)

Thanks for explaining what you mean! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts