Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be driving my Prius from California to Pennsylvania and back in a few weeks. I'll actually go to the shore in Wildwood New Jersey to make it a real coast to coast trip. Has anyone done this and have anytying helpful to relate? Did the car have any problems? What kind of overall mileage did you get?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I haven't gone cross-country but some friends of mine have taken six trips in their 2003 Prius from New York to Seattle and they tell me they've never had one bit of trouble. They say they have averaged around 54 mpg but I don't know their driving habits.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Search the forums for "Nebraska ate my Prius" for my long detailed description of a half-way-across trip.

Long story short: four adults plus a baby for a nonstop 1600-mile drive one-way, then repeat to come back a week later. Crappy mileage (about 40) because of combination of lead feet and bad weather, but the drive was great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife and I, along with a full size road bike and luggage, went from Maryland to Wyoming this summer. No problems except that I ran out of gas because I was stretching the fuel range limits to get from expensive gas in Illinois to Iowa. Luckily, the electric motor got us to the gas station.

Have a great trip!

Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts