Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't for the life of me figure out what is sqeaking away as I go over bumpy roads. I've tried everything within reach while I'm driving. Has anyone else had this problem? Its like a chirping sound, metal on metal or something when I go over bumpy road.

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Also check the D-rings in the rear and see if they are not either fully up or down. Mine, at least, will stay in those two positions without moving.

Lastly, check everything in the rear underfloor compartment. Any of the wrenches, etc could be clanking around. Also the spare tire retention nut for tightness. Where did you put your tie down strap?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips. I'm going to check the tires and I put the tiedown straps in the compartment in the trunk. I'm going to get someone to drive me around while sit in back and see if I can locate the noise better. I think it might be that free floating luggage/trunk cover. I removed it and will keep you posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel so stupid i finally figured out that my seats hadn't been slammed all the way back into place! I had folded them down to fit some things in the back (plenty of room in there btw) It looked like it was latched in but it needed a good slam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts