Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: :oops:
how much does fixing a fender (which pretty much is the whole side of the car all the way to the winshield) on a 2002 prius cost?? I sort of nicked the bumper too. but i'd be willing to leave it alone and only fix the fender part, right under my carpool sticker. i am so upset, I'm having a conniption.
Is there any chance of this being less than 750.00? Anyone else ever have a boo boo? :(

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Guess: $2K. New fender, paint, possible damage to components inside fender, possible alignment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sadly i have some experience with this.

recently in an accident where the front on the car was damaged. some guy cut me off and i could not stop in time.

replaced bumper and hood. ~2500. good luck and make sure they have experience with toyota or the prius

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it's just a fender you should be able to get it done for under a 1000. Replacing the fender does not take any special prius abilities. I have rebuilt 12 prius's so far. Also our local dealer gives 25% discount if you have a tax number.

Good Luck

·
Registered
669 Posts
Cost me $850 on an '05 to repair damage from a runaway shopping cart! Large dent in right rear fender plus some scratches on the door. With paint-matching, several panels were involved.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Astrowoman said:
Cost me $850 on an '05 to repair damage from a runaway shopping cart! Large dent in right rear fender plus some scratches on the door. With paint-matching, several panels were involved.
This is why I park at the far end of the parking lot and walk.

·
Registered
669 Posts
IndyDoug said:
Astrowoman said:
This is why I park at the far end of the parking lot and walk.
Uh, I parked in the only open space in the lot. It happened to be rather downhill from the cart corrall. Trust me, I DO practice "nick-free" parking whenever possible. 'Round here space is at a premium and many places have tiny lots with tiny spaces...

·
Registered
224 Posts
In June 2004 when I still had my classic, I pulled out of a parallel spot without seeing the car behind me driving up on my blind spot. They clipped the left front and caused a pretty sizeable dent. Total cost for bodywork repair was about $2500.

But what REALLY surprised me most was the cost to replace the headlight...$185!! For ONE friggin HEADLIGHT. Back when I had my old Ford Tempo, I had to replace both headlights at a cost of $20 each and it was something I could do myself!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yup, fixed headlight assemblies are much more expensive than the old style replacable assemblies. It reduces the chance of misalignment though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
holy crap!

Ok i should've been more specific; BACK corner of the car the part along the wheel all the way back got squished the lights not busted.
omg omg omg..... I told my husband but,, omg omg... still freaking...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts