Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have been searching for ages for a post but can't find it! Could anyone help me out by remembering anything more about it, or perhaps when / where it was posted?

It was posted by a girl writing on behalf of her brother/cousin/boyfriend who mentioned he was able to find a reclaimed Prius battery for $xx from xxxx salvage auction (not ebay). He needed it to replace a pack that had reached over 200k miles. Was several months ago (sorry, not sure exactly when).

Anyone remember it? Would greatly appreciate any pointers!

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I remember what you are referring to. It is possible it was lost during the last crash of this site, unless it was on PriusChat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any Links to 2005 Prius Shop Manuals *.pdf files?

eBay has a listing for 15 pounds of the hard copy shop manuals
starting bid at $199.00

The *.pdf version may be harder to index but sure would weigh less.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Re: Any Links to 2005 Prius Shop Manuals *.pdf files?

GSpozars said:

starting bid at $199.00

This really should be in its own thread. You can download them from Techinfo.Toyota.com for $10/day. You can also get a monthly or yearly subscription. The manuals from that site come in hundreds of little PDFs for each subsection, so you may decide to assemble them using your favorite PDF editor.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
This site's database needs a major reindexing. Between the search engine not coming up with correct posts, and multipage posts giving an error post not found when selecting last page.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
DanMan32 said:
I remember what you are referring to. It is possible it was lost during the last crash of this site, unless it was on PriusChat.
Since I don't read PriusChat, I know it was on PriusOnline. I didn't bookmark it, so I don't know if this thread survived the database crash...

Yes, the person did go through ozgrl.com for their replacement battery, and Toyota did give them the $200 credit/bounty for returning their bad battery for recycling.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Re: Any Links to 2005 Prius Shop Manuals *.pdf files?

DanMan32 said:
GSpozars said:

starting bid at $199.00

This really should be in its own thread. You can download them from Techinfo.Toyota.com for $10/day. You can also get a monthly or yearly subscription. The manuals from that site come in hundreds of little PDFs for each subsection, so you may decide to assemble them using your favorite PDF editor.
Well, you have to have a credit card with a valid US address on it in order to use the techinfo site...

I'm guessing since the OP was mentioning 15 pounds, that they're probably in the UK... It's a rather different Prius outside of North America...

Over on the Prius-Europe yahoogroup, there is one person who has a copy of the German shop manual, and another with (I think) a UK shop manual (that his dealer gave to him!). If you have a specific question for someone to lookup for you, I'd suggest asking over there.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I have the three volume US version that does weigh twelve pounds is identical to the set now on "e" bay and I purchased it to answer a lot of questions that my Toyota dealer was unable to give me. They are so poorly written and worse almost void of a usable index that any question you have is almost impossible to answer and takes a minumum of an hour of hunting. I believe that deciphering the manual is what they use the Toyota college for when the dealers ship their Prius mechanics "west."

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Yep, hard to read, that's why I am able to answer many questions in about 5 minutes.
Electronic version is much lighter and easier to use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
DanMan32:

I plan on downloading the service manuals to my laptop but I have a question.

1. Is there an additional cost to register at techinfo.toyota.com in addition to the $10.00/day to download from the site.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts