Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the group and have read that several have been asked to pay up to $1,000 extra for the privilege of waiting for a 2004 Prius.

I went through Costco and had no hastle. Three dealerships in my area would have given me the regular price...with no hastle....and 2 told me that some places were asking for extra money upfront.

I paid the $19,995, plus the $515 delivery fee and got package A.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Mankato, Minn. we are next inline to get a silver seven and have been waiting 6 weeks. We were asked for a credit card impression and a potential charge of $500 and will pay list price, but no more. I understand there are just four waitng, but the dealer only gets about two a month.

·
Registered
397 Posts
DinaMom said:
I just joined the group and have read that several have been asked to pay up to $1,000 extra for the privilege of waiting for a 2004 Prius.

I went through Costco and had no hastle. Three dealerships in my area would have given me the regular price...with no hastle....and 2 told me that some places were asking for extra money upfront.

I paid the $19,995, plus the $515 delivery fee and got package A.
DinaMom,
Welcome. I've often wondered about Costco's car buying service. I'm glad to learn that your experience was hassle free. Typically, the up front money you are describing is not an added fee but more like a down payment, which is then credited to the total purchase price of the car. And there's the rub, as the purchase price is determined by each individual dealer. Congrats on your new car. Hope you are as happy with your Prius as I am with mine.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Purchased my 04 Prius through COSTCO and got it for $100.00 below MSRP. I was told by COSTCO.com that the Costco dealers have to sell them to you below msrp.I got a package 7 and paid $22765.00. the only draw back I had was the Toyota dealer in Billings ,Mt where I live, is not signed up for Costco so I had to go 300 miles to Missoula to get my car. This does not sound like a big savings but the dealers in this area tack on a " market value adjustment".The adjustment on the Prius at my dealer is $1495.00.If you have a Costco in your area I strongly advise you to price any new vehicle through them .It could save you a bundle :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
between costco and a dealer

One of the problems people will have with getting the vehicle from Costco, is that the current availablity of the 04 Prius.currently all Toyota Reps are telling dealers there is a 9-12 month wait on any orders currently being written. Of course that depends on what type of packages you are trying to get with the vehicle. And if the dealers are having trouble getting them I can imagine what its like for non-dealers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Costco is just a go between between you and a dealer that has hooked up with Costco to sell cars. you deal directly with the dealer. I ordered a package #7 the second week of November using Costco, The next week my Dealer called and said he could get me a Tideland pearl #7 by the end of Dec. I said "Go for it" as I wanted the $2000.00 tax deduction for 2003. Then a couple of days later he called and said "Come and pick it up", about 2 weeks from the day I ordered it I had my new 04. I had fast courtious service from a great dealer. I like the tideland pearl better thn the silver, so it worked out great for me.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts