Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on PriusOnline (and only here) that when I log in I get the new post icon as normal, but as soon as I go down 1 level to any secion, and read a message, on return to the title level, or top level, all other "new" posts are now marked as read.

Is it a problem with the forum or something to dowith cookies on the site? I have deleted all cookies related to PriusOnline, but the problem remains.

Other sites I use which use the same BBS software do not show the same effect.

:? Any ideas? :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have what may be a related problem. When I first login (using Firefox), I don't see the "View posts since last visit" link, and I still have a "Log in" link (rather than "Log out"). If login again, then I do see "Log out" and "View posts since last visit". However it says my last visit was the first login, so there are no posts since my last visit!

I usually use the "View posts since last visit" on forums so I find this frustrating.

It doesn't seem to happen if I use IE instead of Firefox, and no cookies are set.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
It's probably a browser thing - instead of showing you your previous cache, it decides to redownload the index page. With the redownload, you already visited earlier, so the new posts are wiped away...

I have that problem on IE on some other sites (I usually use Lynx here with no problems). I've taken to having posts open in a new window, so that I don't loose the original index page by the constant reloading. (most commonly for search on a particular discussion board that has a search timeout...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts