Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there read the latest CR? They have a pretty decent article comparing tires and the ones they list as their overall choice are the Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds. I know many Prius owners out there prefer the ComforTreds (#13 on the CR list). What is the difference between the two, other than price? I plan on replacing my OEM's with one of the two in the future, and I'd like to get opinions from those who have experience with them...thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
My TripleTreds took maybe 12,000 miles to wear down to the point where my MPGs became acceptable again. Before the break-in, I was stuck near 43 around town no matter what I did, but now if I hit 47 on a long road trip I can maintain it for a long time. Around here, I never get 50+ without a road trip, but my round-trip to Florida last week averaged 49, with 52+ until I got on I-95 at 70MPH. Same trip last year under similar weather conditions and OEM tires was 54MPG, so the highway MPGs at 70 just aren't as good. May need an all-55MPH route for April.

The tires don't slip as easily as the OEMs did, but they can be made to slip if you really accelerate from a stop. I'm very happy with them, but as Winters here aren't all that icy, I'm not sure I'd ever be a good example of how they do under all conditions...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts