Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 prius 2 that since day one has had a misfire issue that both toyota and myself cannot figure out.
Some backround info; it only does this during and throughout winter months
It happens at random after sitting overnight and getting cold, though not every time
Toyota has replaced the intake manifold and gasket per a factory tech bulletin, misfire continued
I have replaced all spark plugs with factory Denso plugs and it continues.
I have ran heet and sea foam through system to attempt to both clear out water and clean injectors
I also use only 91 octane or higher fuel in the car, but have tried multiple grades to see if the condition would change but it did not.
Originally the OBD system read misfire cylinder 1 today it did it again only now the scanner says pending misfire cylinder 3 and 4, and random misfire detected P0300.
Originally when the scanner was reading misfire cylinder 1 i swapped around ignition coils from cyl 1 and 2 and since then the last sentence is what has recently happened.

Toyota has been no help and I am just tired of the problem, please if someone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cylinder Missfire

I posted same problem with my first generation 2001 Prius. It only started at about 160,000 miles. Did you ever figure out your situation? No one ever replied to my posts and I can't find an answer. Exact same symptoms as yours. My email is: [email protected] Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you checked the coil connectors; injector resistance readings(if they're within spec?); throttle assembly for carbon deposits and so on? You could also make sure the strainer in the fuel pump isn't clogged with dirt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I changed my spark plugs, changed all four igniters, cleaned the throttle body and MAF. My misfire only happens when the car is first started "cold" but runs better once the car is warmed up with far fewer misfires. I have used seafoam in the gas (2 tanks). I have searched all the forums and see this problem referred to on a somewhat regular basis but never a definitive answer other than trying all the things I have tried.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I changed my spark plugs, changed all four igniters, cleaned the throttle body and MAF. My misfire only happens when the car is first started "cold" but runs better once the car is warmed up with far fewer misfires. I have used seafoam in the gas (2 tanks). I have searched all the forums and see this problem referred to on a somewhat regular basis but never a definitive answer other than trying all the things I have tried.
I realize this is an older post but we're you able to find out anything useful? I'm curious in particular about fuel pressure and the EGR system. We're they checked?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts