Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity, anybody know what the processing speed, memory, and hard drive space of the 2004/05 Prius' computer? Or do these not really apply?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do not think there would be a hard drive in the car but instead the code that is used to run the different computers would be stored in ROM if it never changed and some kind of flash for software that could be changed via an update.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
which LAN, and which ECU, and on which Prius? there's no hard drive (closest is the map data on DVD for the navigation system.)

2001-2003 Prius could only update the code by replacing the ECU.
2004+ Prius ECUs can be flash-upgraded.

Depending on which LAN, will depend on the bus speed.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
MRV, he did say 04/05. He was asking about ECU speed, not bus speed.
That would vary by ECU to ECU, but Toyota does state that the main ECUs are 32 bit processors.

I suppose you could go to a junkyard that had a Prius and get the ECUs and take them apart, maybe power them up and hook up a frequency meter to the clock. Since many CPUs multiply the external clock, that might not be helpful though.

·
Registered
548 Posts
DanMan32 said:
I suppose you could go to a junkyard that had a Prius and get the ECUs and take them apart, maybe power them up and hook up a frequency meter to the clock. Since many CPUs multiply the external clock, that might not be helpful though.
Or just pull part numbers off the chips. Anything you could find would probably make it very easy to track down the type of chip pretty easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts