Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the URL for a copy on CD of the "complete"(?) Toyota Repair Manual for the 2004-6 Prius:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-200 ... 0453QQrdZ1

This is advertised for $14.95 + $4.00 shipping.

Could this possibly be real?
Has anybody bought one yet?
Does it have everything in it that I'd get on paper from Toyota Publications for only $800?
Is it legal, or does it violate a bunch of copyright laws?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If the CD itself came from Toyota, and this company didn't make a copy of it for himself, it's legal assuming it was obtained by legal means. It's no different than buying a used book or video game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This seems kind of scamy...check the index- nothing specific to Pruis. The add does not really say specifically that it is an OEM manual. I was wondering about the manuals at tundrasolutions.com...anybody know about those?

chip

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The manuals in PDF over Techinfo also are not indexed either. However, because they are in PDF, using SEARCH makes a great index on the fly.

How do you think I get to relevant technical information for my posts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still not sure if the manuals at tundrasolutions.com are the same ones as the ones at techinfo. One difference being that at tundrasolutions a year costs 25 bucks as opposed to 25 for a month at techinfo.toyota.com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.