Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found something interesting today when I was using the GPS. I told it to display fast food icons. It showed a bunch of little hamburgers all over, and when you touched it, it would show Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. One icon that stood out, however, was the familar Arches of McDonalds. So do you suppose they paid extra to get their familar logo in the system?

Then, here's another "point of interest." I was looking for Popeye's chicken (I really knew where it was), and when I parked in their parking lot, I did a POI Name search and it immediately listed it as being .1 miles away, BUT it didn't show a fast food icon. (I didn't show other restaurant icons, so maybe this isn't an accurate question.) Do you suppose that those that pay some fee get an icon displayed while others just get a listing?

And all this for an Australian company that is making this GPS... There's capitalism in work...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, I've noticed that the stuff (most at least) that has an icon, also has phone number information, so I'm assuming they HAVE to be paying some kind of fee there...
And then to have Shell Gas' Yellow and Red shell icon in place of a grey gas pump... the golden arches...Chevron's symbol... Oh yeah... I can GUARANTEE YOU that cost a fair amount of $$$

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do you remove it

Okay, so once you have it display all those fun icons, how do you get it to stop showing one of those categories? I really don't need to know where there is a fast food restaurant, but right now its stuck with those?

Noah

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: How do you remove it

moahb said:
Okay, so once you have it display all those fun icons, how do you get it to stop showing one of those categories? I really don't need to know where there is a fast food restaurant, but right now its stuck with those?

Noah
Command is "P O I Off" (POI= Points of interest)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts