Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched the bars that indicate the status of the Hybrid batteries change from the color green to the color blue for no apparent reason. Is this a glitch or is there a reason the bars change colors. They just change at random occasionally and the change is not triggered by the addition or disappearance of a bar, i.e. it may show 6 bars before the change and still show 6 bars after the change. I've tried to locate something in the owner's manual to explain but to no avail.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE

Which color means upper and which means lower? It seems that with 6 or 7 bars showing it shouldn't change unless the bars become less in number. It changes even though the bars remain the same number. I'm glad to hear it's normal and thanks for your assurance.

Stan
2004 Millennium Silver #7

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Re: RE

stancy said:
Which color means upper and which means lower? It seems that with 6 or 7 bars showing it shouldn't change unless the bars become less in number. It changes even though the bars remain the same number. I'm glad to hear it's normal and thanks for your assurance.

Stan
I don't know the bar set points (the 2004 is my husband's car, I don't get to drive it often, as I have my own).

However, I do know that green is for the upper bars, blue is the usual middle bars, and pink/red is for the lowest bars. Look for the color, so you don't have to count the bars.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Are you quite sure that the color changes without the number of bars changing? It seems to me that the color is directly related to the number of bars, to give you an indication at a glance. But then, I've never seen the pink or red. Halfway is the lowest mine has ever gone while I've been looking at it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE

Daniel, I'm positive the bars don't change in number. I have seen them change several times as has my wife. They just go from blue to green or vice versa with no apparent reason. It's not a big issue but I felt there must be a reason albeit I haven't figured it out yet.

I'm still learning about the car and the more I learn, the better I like it. In my opinion it's a technological marvel. Leave it to Toyota (I used to sell them).

If I find out why the color changes I will, of course, post it in this forum.

Stan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts