Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color is that bar graph supposed to be?

On the 2004 and 2005 Prius it is yellow.

The 2004 Prius had the MFD replaced under warranty. It did all the classical things that showed it was defective.

The dealership that replaced it, Winter Haven Toyota, did a good job. There weren't any new rattles, and everything is back as good as before. Everything on the other screens seems to be exactly as before, for example it has the correct colors of the arrows for power just as before.

But now the bar graph is a pale white instead of yellow. It is even a bit difficult to see during the day. I had never seen nor heard of the graph being anything but yellow. The Toyota dealer says it is a brand new MFD, and there is nothing wrong. Is that true? Did they forget to connect a wire? Are the 2006 Prius graphs white? Or is it just another option that can be set to yellow instead of white?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
It doesn't sound like a day mode/night mode issue.

Did you reset your display to the background color choice you had previously? That setting is usually reset with the new MFD.

Based on the shots on http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-album95.htm , it looks like maybe you used to have either the Green or Beige background (yellow consumption screen), and it is now set to Grey (white consumption screen). (Consumption screen is light blue with the Blue setting.)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mrv said:
It doesn't sound like a day mode/night mode issue.

Did you reset your display to the background color choice you had previously? That setting is usually reset with the new MFD.

Based on the shots on http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-album95.htm , it looks like maybe you used to have either the Green or Beige background (yellow consumption screen), and it is now set to Grey (white consumption screen). (Consumption screen is light blue with the Blue setting.)
Of course mrv, you are right!!! Based on those great photos on john1701a's site it is easy to see. I did used to have the Green background, and now somehow it was set to Grey at the dealership.

This is just one more detail I didn't know about. DanMan32 just taught me how to set the unlock function for the SKS, and now I'll try to learn how to reset the color for the screen.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Info (on bezel) -> Screen Settings (soft button on screen). Color options are at the bottom of the resulting screen. Upper screen selections determine if the MFD will automatically come out of Audio or Climate screens after 20 seconds of inactivity. Page 152 of 2004 owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
sub3marathonman said:
This is just one more detail I didn't know about. DanMan32 just taught me how to set the unlock function for the SKS, and now I'll try to learn how to reset the color for the screen.
Just to note, the door unlocking is in the owner's manual. For my US 2004, it is on p.30, in section 2-1 Operation of Instruments and Controls, Keys and Doors, Smart Entry and Start System, Changing the Doors to be Unlocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.