Toyota Prius Forum banner

Your Prius' Color is:

• Exactly what you wanted from square one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something you got talked into/settled for in order to take possession faster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: tan interior

wizardbill said:
p.s. why can't interior be available in black? and why not woven cloth like every other car?
I actually really like the feel of the material. It's really soft, and you can never have enough soft. People ride in my car and ask me if it's suede. "I don't think so," I tells them, but it sure is soft enough to be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Loved the "green" color till we saw it in person (like the folks above said, it is by no way green!!!). The color chip was a great color. The actual color was hideous. Would've given my left arm for a blue one. Waited many many months for a blue one. Decided we'd get any color that wasn't tan, black, white or silver (or green). So, that pretty much narrowed us to blue or maroon. Got maroon, and are color envious every day so far. We like it (thank goodness the performance of the car makes up for any color you get!), but it's not blue........

·
Registered
119 Posts
You people be nice. It is very rude to call someones car color such names. It takes all kinds of people to make up this world and if we all liked the same thing it would be very boring indeed!

I was afraid that this kind of question would incite hurtful remarks. I was right.

Jill

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
03Jill said:
I was afraid that this kind of question would incite hurtful remarks. I was right.

Jill

Jill, I'm confused by this statement. Besides the poll, the only questions I asked about the Tideland Pearl were (and I quote myself on the original post): Does anybody with a tideland pearl truly have a GREEN car? Did the color change when it hit production?

Whether or not someone wants to say it looks like gun metal (it actually sort of does), and the alternative if sticking with the TIDELAND theme would be to call it Swamp Water, if they choose to say that it's up to them, but to make it sound like my original post was meant to open the door to tear the Tideland apart... That would be incorrect.
The color on prius.com didn't excite me in the slightest, but having seen it in person, if it was available with the grey interior, I may have considered it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Its called Jade Green in Germany and its more like Grotty Grey as far Im concerned. Jade Green suggests a light pale colur to me, not Grey. Strange choice of name for this colour.

@ Jill: Its only a colour and personal opinion. Dont take it to heart.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Brad,

It was really not the question that I was refering to but the answers that it might draw people into making. Calling somesones car color hideous is very mean. Everyone has paid their hard earned money for their cars and I'm sure do not want to read posts refering to it as such. I know that I would have been very disappointed had I gotten a color so far removed from the paint chip in the book, be it the green or the blue, which I don't think matches the chip very well either.

I did do the pole and found the results interesting.

Jill

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's just my opinion - wasn't intended to be a reflection of anything. Thank goodness I thought it was hideous - that enabled someone ELSE to get the color they wanted. In fact, I wish more people would think the blue was hideous and pass it up....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mmm, I get my hideous tideland pearl prius on friday. Woo hoo! By the way, it's my favorite color offered, but the whole naming convention irritates me. I do find it entertaining that the same colors get different names for different world markets.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Prius colors

bradca21 said:
mrv said:
2004 Australia:
Gun Olive (color code 6S9)
All in favor of renaming Tideland, "Gunmetal Olive" raise your.... hey... why are you all laughing at me? :lol:
Gunmetal Olive sounds like a mil-spec color name.

Saw a Tideland Pearl Prius on a cloudy, rainy day against a Tidewater background--it all but disappeared!

My car's a Salsa Red by the luck of the draw, but much easier to see in the fog.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Holding out for Salsa in Santa Cruz!

Funny you should ask…I ordered mine in Salsa Red w/Pkg 9 from my dealer (Santa Cruz Toyota) in February. On June 14 my salesperson called with the good news: “your car is coming in”. As it was two days before we were to leave for a family vacation, I was encouraged to come right down to the dealership to sign the papers. I left with a signed contract and assurances my new red Prius would be waiting for me to pick up the day I got home.

When I returned ten days later, my wife and I drove to the dealership delighted that we were going to be driving home in our long awaited new car (so was my 16 year old daughter, since she was to get my ’93 Acura Vigor that day). When we arrived, we were shown to our new car – a Tideland Pearl. I told our sales person that unless I was colorblind, I wasn’t looking at my “red” Prius. He quickly realized he had neglected to inform me that the car I was receiving was not my first choice color (even after several conversations about how nice, but rare the red color choice was during the time I was signing the papers!).

Our salesperson, realizing his mistake, and the fact that neither my wife nor I was happy with the gray car they were trying to sell us, called in the Sales manager de jour. I’ll spare the details but suffice it to say this sales manager did not give a (heck) about the Toyota “customer experience” - essentially accusing us of lying about the fact that we were unaware that we were buying our second choice color. After a few minutes rather heated conversation, we were finally told they would void the contact, given an apology and left with assurances that we were back on “top of the list”.

So now we wait, hoping every day that our Salsa Red Prius, is indeed on it way and we’ll be driving it before the model year runs out!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Re: Holding out for Salsa in Santa Cruz!

garySC said:
Funny you should ask…I ordered mine in Salsa Red w/Pkg 9 from my dealer (Santa Cruz Toyota) in February. On June 14 my salesperson called with the good news: “your car is coming in”. As it was two days before we were to leave for a family vacation, I was encouraged to come right down to the dealership to sign the papers. I left with a signed contract and assurances my new red Prius would be waiting for me to pick up the day I got home.

When I returned ten days later, my wife and I drove to the dealership delighted that we were going to be driving home in our long awaited new car (so was my 16 year old daughter, since she was to get my ’93 Acura Vigor that day). When we arrived, we were shown to our new car – a Tideland Pearl. I told our sales person that unless I was colorblind, I wasn’t looking at my “red” Prius. He quickly realized he had neglected to inform me that the car I was receiving was not my first choice color (even after several conversations about how nice, but rare the red color choice was during the time I was signing the papers!).

Our salesperson, realizing his mistake, and the fact that neither my wife nor I was happy with the gray car they were trying to sell us, called in the Sales manager de jour. I’ll spare the details but suffice it to say this sales manager did not give a (heck) about the Toyota “customer experience” - essentially accusing us of lying about the fact that we were unaware that we were buying our second choice color. After a few minutes rather heated conversation, we were finally told they would void the contact, given an apology and left with assurances that we were back on “top of the list”.

So now we wait, hoping every day that our Salsa Red Prius, is indeed on it way and we’ll be driving it before the model year runs out!

Did you simply deny the Tideland because it was green/grey/? or ould you have done so had it been ANY color other than red?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some more information about colour codes: (from Irish 2004 brochure)

Pure White (040)
Platinum (IC0)
Astral Black (202)
Regency Red (3Q3)
Southern Bronze (4S2)
Jade Green (6S9)
Ocean Blue (8S2)

I wonder if all manufacturers make up new names for their colours even in countries speakin
g (broadly) the same language? :)

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Mhuiscatron said:
Some more information about colour codes: (from Irish 2004 brochure)

Pure White (040)
Platinum (IC0)
Astral Black (202)
Regency Red (3Q3)
Southern Bronze (4S2)
Jade Green (6S9)
Ocean Blue (8S2)

I wonder if all manufacturers make up new names for their colours even in countries speakin
g (broadly) the same language? :)

The interesting thing so far is that the 2004 Blue color is a different color than the blue one sold in Japan... As usual, Japan has an additional color choice that the rest of the world does not.

However, I do have to ask: http://www.toyota.ie/prius/index.htm Go to Gallery, Colors. The color names there are closer to the US offerings, than the list you provided above... Why would the website call the colors one thing, and the printed brochure have something different?
Super White with Ivory
Black with Ivory
Driftwood Pearl with Ivory
Millenium silver metallic with Grey
Salsa Red Pearl with Ivory
Seaside Pearl with Ivory
Tideland Pearl with Ivory

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you simply deny the Tideland because it was green/grey/? or ould you have done so had it been ANY color other than red?
I would have done so regardless of the color they offered. By that time it was a matter of principle. It may also be a matter of foolish pride, but I really want a red one!

At least I know I made someone happy. The car's new owner was notified before we had even left the showroom and has been, I'm sure a proud Prius OWNER for nearly a month.

I believe I would have the car by now if I would have delt with the large dealerships in San Jose, but I wanted to keep my business in my home town.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
garySC said:
I would have done so regardless of the color they offered. By that time it was a matter of principle. It may also be a matter of foolish pride, but I really want a red one!

At least I know I made someone happy. The car's new owner was notified before we had even left the showroom and has been, I'm sure a proud Prius OWNER for nearly a month.

I believe I would have the car by now if I would have delt with the large dealerships in San Jose, but I wanted to keep my business in my home town.
I hear ya... had they had a black or Silver #9 with a tan interior... would have absolutely refused, no questions asked...

·
Registered
311 Posts
We took delivery of a Grey Prius on the 3rd of July. Wife still grousing about how it is supposed to be green. Of course, how do you look up Tideland Pearl in your Funk and Wagnals? Still, the brochure colod doesn't look like our car. We like the car but would like it to be a bit more green.

I keep telliing her in my best imitation of the Britcom "Are You Being Served?"... It will green with wear.

:D Pat :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where's the green one?

Waited 8 mos. for my Tideland #3. Passed by a white one and a blue one because I thought a green car should be green. When my dealer proudly pointed out my Tideland, I blurted out "where's the green one?" This was exactly the car I requested so...
I am familiar with the printing process and how the printed page differs from the web page differs from the actual product, but the bright green in the Toyota brochure is as far from the real thing as light is from dark. Gun Metal Olive is a wonderful description of the car's genuine color.
You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails and I love my Tideland for it's ability to be light grey, dark grey and occasionally olive.

Klaren

21 - 40 of 73 Posts