Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a repeat of last winter's "cassette adding a clicking sound through the speakers when cassette is played" problem. Believe it may be a static discharge thingy as it only seems to happen when it is cold and very dry. Anyone in the desiccated Southwest having this problem?
Mitch

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a simular problem with only one cassette. It was a repaired cassette tape that I placed in a new Radio Shack cassette shell. It only clicks in the Prius and not in another tape deck. The click is coming from the speakers because if you turn down the volume the click is not heard. Very weird.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have experienced this problem, not in my Prius but in a ghetto-blaster style cassette player. It only happened with a few cassettes, but it was unquestionably a build up of static electricity somewhere in the mechanism, which would eventually discharge. When it was happening you would hear an irregular, fairly loud, click from the speakers every few seconds or so. I eventually managed to shut the thing up by earthing the metal bar that clamped the top of the cassette while it was being played.

Regards,
Julian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts