Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Prius trouble code C1344 ! I was overseeing delivery of a brand new 06 Prius while my junior fleet manager were showing customer the features demonstration etc, I noticed "barake" lights on red light at the speedo screen and glanced at the Parking foot brakes but I see that the pedal is alway up in the neutral postion? Hmm, took the vehicle to the service bay and have one of my Prius Master Tech check it out. He brings out the code scanner and insert it to the pick up point under the lower portion right below the SKS Valet button and brings the code up on the scsnner, "Code C1344" ! Looked at the code de-coder book and says, Hybrid Brake actuator mal-function ! Rear left brakes. The tech starts to work and beguins to "bleed" the brake fluid from right left hydraulic brake line but to no avail. The code still remains there ! Emergency phone calls to the Toyota Headquarter Service and Engineering. They never seen this code before or reported ! Hmm, new headache to the all conquering Prius Master Techs... The part is: sort out in a few days from all USA parts depot if not found air flown from Japan. It is the Hybrid brake actuator..
More report on this....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.