Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went on to the CoastalETech website and purchased the front end mask, power outlet mod, cabin air filter, and EV switch for my 2005 AM. I chose 2-day shipping so hopefully they'll get here soon! If anyone else has had good (or bad) experiences with these mods, I'd love to hear about it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Tell me when your EV mod arrives. I placed my order for it on 30th April

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Well, at least the SHIPPING is 2 day...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'd heard they'd had some trouble filling orders in a timely manner lately. I tried the non-800 number first to see if they took orders by phone and got no answer, so we'll see what happens, if nothing comes in 2 weeks then I'll try again. I'm also aware that it is just a couple of days before a long holiday weekend, so I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack for the moment :).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2004 Prius and ordered the EV mod and the auto locks in sept 04.
Installed them my self in about 1 hour and they worked fine from the begining and are still working fine.
Alan :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
i love my front end mask. easy to install, but watch out for when you have to insert the tabs between the headlights and the body, it's a tight squeeze. get some protectant for it and it'll stay nice and shiny and pretty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kelly actually called me yesterday to check on my order and I got a shipping number an hour later! Since I chose 2-day shipping, she called to tell me the price since it was a little on the high side (I live in California). And I think it was after normal business hours for them, even...it was 2:45 Pacific time when she called.

Though they don't have the EV switch in stock yet, they're sending me everything else and I should get my boxes on Tuesday. So I guess they're working hard to get back on track. At least they did with me.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
YAY!! That's what we like to hear. :) Thanks for the report! We don't like to be cranky - bad for the complexion.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yay! Yes, that is good to hear that they are still working as fast as they can. Did you ask when the EV might be re-stocked?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I wonder if Dave griped to Kelly about our critisisms, and she told him we had a good point.

I am glad to hear that they are becoming more responsive. I always believed they were honest, but honesty won't help if you fail to inform.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought the front end mask, the EV switch, and mud flaps last fall in three seperate transactions. All orders came through quickly. I had a problem fitting the tab on the front end mask between the headlight and the fender. I called the manufacturer and did not get any help but I was able to figure it out myself. I had a installation question and called Coastal. Dave returned my call quickly and answered my questions. I'm very happy with all of my Coastal purchased. I'm looking forward to buying some other items from them.

Roger

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tideland Prius said:
Yay! Yes, that is good to hear that they are still working as fast as they can. Did you ask when the EV might be re-stocked?
I did, she couldn't give me any more specific answer than "a few weeks"

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Darn. It'll be a month tmrw. <sigh> Okay.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Don't most orders take 4-6 weeks, according to the website?

I ordered the Nav mod back in Feb and it hasn't come, although a recent phone call I made resulted in an estimated delivery in another couple of weeks or so (estimate, not promise, so I'm waiting patiently).

They already shipped my hitch (got the ship confirm email today), which I ordered last week. EV mode kit is probably another couple of weeks or so. I'm eager, but not in such a hurry I want them to rush the job, so I'm cool with them. Oh, and I recieved the front mask I ordered already, too.

A little slow, a little uncommunicative, but man, their stuff is first rate so I'll wait if I have to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
KTPhil said:
They already shipped my hitch (got the ship confirm email today), which I ordered last week.
What size hitch did you order: 1 1/4" or 2"?
More than a month ago I ordered the 2" hitch, but I am still waiting.
After two (unanswered) emails and two phone calls (the last one few days ago) I was told they are out-of-stock, and the shipment from the manifacturer has been delayed. The best estimate I got was that it will take at least a week for them to have it in stock.

PR

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered my EV switch and auto lock kit in March.
No word, no reply, no confirmation, no response to emails and messages left on answering machine....

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I ordered the 2" hitch. I am concluding that is the item that has shipped from the weight of the order listed in the tracking email (30#).

I am guessing (and this is only a guess) that Coastal builds in batches, not single items. It is the only way they could do so economically (and at a high quality). That means if you order just as a batch is started, you may be in luck and get on that batch. If you order after it has begun, you may have to wait for the next batch. At least, this is how I would work it. If the line was large enough, maybe a "pull/kanban" JIT-type line would make more sense and be more responsive, but you need quantity and a reasonable stable order flow to make that pencil out. I don't know they work this way, just a guess. Perhaps I got lucky with timing on the hitch; I was less lucky on the Nav kit.

I waited for the best car on the market; I'll wait for these accessories, which look to be of good design and quality, too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts