Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question was prompted by the one about using the fan. My climate control's temp setting is at 75 degrees, which on a cool but comfortable morning causes the heater to come on. Is there a way to reset that default to a lower temperature?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Either use the buttons on your steering wheel to tweak it up/down a degree per push or use the climate screen! The buttons on the wheel are the two just below the AC On/Off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I did not make my question clear. I never put my setting at 75 degrees. Whenever I switch on the AC for the first time in a given drive, the system has defaulted to 75 and I have to use the buttons on the wheel or the tabs on the climate screen to move it down to where I want it. Why does it re-set itself at 75, and can I get it to default to a lower temp?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Jon Miller said:
Sorry, I did not make my question clear. I never put my setting at 75 degrees. Whenever I switch on the AC for the first time in a given drive, the system has defaulted to 75 and I have to use the buttons on the wheel or the tabs on the climate screen to move it down to where I want it. Why does it re-set itself at 75, and can I get it to default to a lower temp?
That's weird :shock: Mine (04) always stays at the last temp I set it at, even if the car has been unused for long period of time. I have never heard this one before.

Sounds like you got the "default to 75" extra charge feature for no charge :lol:

Seriously, tell/call/ask your service advisor/Prius tech. My guess is there
is a way they can set it to default or not, unless the 05 is different than the 04.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously, tell/call/ask your service advisor/Prius tech. My guess is there is a way they can set it to default or not, unless the 05 is different than the 04.
I am coming up on the first 5000 service and will definitely put the question to them. It's not a fatal flaw, but can be irritating.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Probably the Nav lady has her own opinion on where the themostat should be. Don't argue or change it. It will only make your life more difficult.

The voice of experience. :wink:

·
Registered
154 Posts
According to what I have tested with my Prius, is that the auto A/C does not increase the petrol consumption. I have however, done the testng only on highways with cruiser set at 80km/h or 100km/h.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have an '05 and it defaults to whatever I last set the temp at... something is wrong....

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
"Probably the Nav lady has her own opinion on where the themostat should be."

Yes, but that would explain not a preference for 75, but a continuous changing of the "right" temperature, always too cold or too hot. His car is behaving differently...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Check the ECU-B 15A fuse. I am suspecting the A/C Amplifier (ECU) is not receiving const B+. Otherwise, I agree, see the dealer. That's not normal.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Temperature Setting

My 2005 Prius remembers the temperature I set it at.

I would like a way to set it to heat below 70 and cool above 80. Seems like it could be done just with a software change.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I guess technically that's true if I have the desired temperature set at any value between 70 and 80. Perhaps it would be clearer if I said it would be nice if there was a minimum and maximum desired temperature instead of just a single number. Like Mr. Miller, I too have had the heater come on when it was around 70 when I'd rather it not bother.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
In other words, you would like to disable heat (if the temp is too low, do nothing), or AC (if the temp is too high, do nothing) like home auto thermostats (Off, Cool, Auto, Heat)? You can disable the AC through the display, though you can't disable the heat.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yea, we want an OFF button :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts