Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to clean the screen that shows the navigation system,AC,audio system, etc.

The finger smudge marks are driving me crazy, but I don't want to do anything to damage the car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If I remember correctly, the hand book recommends normal window cleaner, but I guess you could also use glasses cleaner.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just use windex window cleanes sprayed on a soft cloth, works finn no problems. I have done it about 6 times now because I hate the smudges also.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I use a microfiber cloth I picked up at a camera store for cleaning lenses - works great. Haven't needed anything "stronger" than that so far. 8)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cleaning Nav sys

I would recommend to have a mini spray bottle (about 40-25ml) and fill it with windex and a 3m microfiber cleaning cloth. Its neat because you can store it away in your car and clean it whenever those annying smudges occur!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's the same as a computer laptop screen, I think, so you could also get a pack of the screen wipes from any computer store. There smaller than even a small spray bottle, and won't accidently leak in your glove compartment. As I remember, you shouldn't use an ammonia-based product on the screen, so if you're going to use windex, make sure it's the vinegar kind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Navi cleaning

Yea, I only use vinegar based windex because I clean my plasma, lcd's for computers, laptop, pocketpc, and so on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer said to stay away from any amonia based products. He recommended getting the camera cloth as was already posted.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Lens cleaners.

I, too, use a camera microfiber cloth and glasses spray cleaner. (Cloth once a week or more, spray once a month to get the stubborn ones. I spray the CLOTH, not the screen.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts