Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. We recently purchased a 2005 Prius (option package 6) a few weeks ago and are enjoying it very much. I've learned a lot from this site (as well as other Prius sites) over the last few weeks, and since I've only seen this subject touched on, I thought I'd share the following in case anyone's interested. I've found the easiest and best way to clean fingerprints from the navigation screen is to use eyeglass cleaner (I get it at Wal-Mart Vision Center - small size is under $2 and refills are free). Just spray the cleaner onto a clean lint-free cotton cloth (do not spray directly onto the screen - it may seep in at the edges), then simply wipe gently for a few seconds; it really works well and the screen looks great (at least until you touch it again....).

·
Registered
736 Posts
cleaning the screen

To avoid those fingerprints, try touching the sceen with the back of your fingernail. It still works, and no prints!

G

·
0 Posts
sparksongs said:
Hello. We recently purchased a 2005 Prius (option package 6) a few weeks ago and are enjoying it very much. I've learned a lot from this site (as well as other Prius sites) over the last few weeks, and since I've only seen this subject touched on, I thought I'd share the following in case anyone's interested. I've found the easiest and best way to clean fingerprints from the navigation screen is to use eyeglass cleaner (I get it at Wal-Mart Vision Center - small size is under $2 and refills are free). Just spray the cleaner onto a clean lint-free cotton cloth (do not spray directly onto the screen - it may seep in at the edges), then simply wipe gently for a few seconds; it really works well and the screen looks great (at least until you touch it again....).
I was just thinking about how long it will take Toyota dealers to come up with and market a brand of Toyota "Screen Cleaner"? I wonder what the MSRP will be on this "unique" Toyota product (i.e., eyeglass cleaner)! :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
sparksongs said:
Hello. ...I've only seen this subject touched on...
I just received (from a seller on eBay) a screen protector just like one you would put on your PPC or Palm. (But cut to size for our Nav screens.) I had planned on reporting its usefulness just after installing it, but while this subject is fresh, I thought it would still be useful to post the fact that there is such a thing.

I'll try to install it in the next few days and report on it. I will be interested to learn if it afffects viewing the screen.

Thanks for "touching" on the subject of cleaning the screen. Obviously, that will be the necessary 1st step.

David

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cleaning the screen and entire dash area

I found what works really well is to use a clean, damp, chamois (or one of those simulated chamois'). I first clean the chamois in a little woolite to remove any dirt.

Additionally, it works great to wipe down the front dash board, steering wheel, glove box areas and cup holder covers. It takes away all the dust and fingerprints. No need for anything else.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I keep a Swiffer duster in the passenger seat back pocket and a packet of lens wipes in the little compartment under the stereo.... I can Swiffer the dashboard in 10 seconds at a red light! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts