Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been gone from this group for quite a while, but am posting here first because Yahoo groups is down.

Anyway - I just got a call that my 02 super white with 58000 miles, has a leak in one of the radiator seams. I am trying to figure out what might have caused it, but am coming up dry. Has anyone else had such an experience.

(I noticed the heater not working well about a month ago, and found the coolant level down about 1/2 gallon or more).

The service department on my request checked the system by pressurizing it and found it that way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Steve D.

·
Registered
43 Posts
With the way radiators are made now, this just happens periodically. And usually, it costs almost as much to try to repair as to replace it,with a decent chance the fix will fail. It seem they can stamp the radiator out light and cheap, but they occasionally fail. That's good if your's holds together, not so good if it doesn't.

About the only thing you could do to cause a leak like this would be to skimp on hte anti-freeze, and to freeze the radiator. This is unlikely, and you usually find out very quickly when the weather warms up in a spectacular display.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts