Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8-11-06
How does Cingular work with Bluetooth?
I see that Cingular offers the 6102 model upgraded to 6102i for Bluethooth connectivity. Will it be a hassle like the Verizon service?

·
Registered
370 Posts
archiveman2977 said:
8-11-06
I see that Cingular offers the 6102 model upgraded to 6102i for Bluethooth connectivity. Will it be a hassle like the Verizon service?
I have Cingular and have used both a Moto V505 and a Nokia 6682 without problems. Neither phone could upload the entire phone book, but that's a phone issue, nothing to do with service.

The Moto showed a signal strength meter, but the Nokia doesn't. The Nokia passes my custom ringtone through the BT, but the Moto didn't. Again, this is not related to service, but the phones.

Anyhow, to answer your question: No, Cingular is not like Verizon when it comes to BT operability. The phones themselves have some limitations, but Cingular doesn't strip down the functionality of the phones, ala Verizon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
archiveman2977 said:
8-11-06
I have a Cingular Sony Erickson S710a and the Bluetooth works perfect. The complete phone book downloaded to the car and I can place and receive calls from the car when the actual cellphone is in the wife's purse in the house. Simple to pair up with the phone and car. No problems at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.