Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota has started construction of a new, large facility in China to mass produce the Prius. Chinese auto workers are paid $.50 to $.60 an hour (with no fringe benefits) at current GM auto plants in China. If the Chinese were to export the Chinese-made Prius to USA, what do you figure they would cost? Do you think your local Wal-Mart store might get involved in distributing them? :?:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
But the plants in China (owned by the government) where the prius will be made in quantities of 200,000 a month, pays their workers $25.00 an hour and gives full benefits just as every communist in China earns.
This time next year we will be able to purchase a Prius at wallmart for less than $9,000 with Nav Pak and the used market will "tank."
http://www.jibjab.com/Movies/BoxMart.aspx

·
Registered
619 Posts
hyperion said:
But the plants in China (owned by the government) where the prius will be made in quantities of 200,000 a month, pays their workers $25.00 an hour and gives full benefits just as every communist in China earns.
This time next year we will be able to purchase a Prius at wallmart for less than $9,000 with Nav Pak and the used market will "tank."
http://www.jibjab.com/Movies/BoxMart.aspx

that would be 25.00 "chinese dollars" per hour.... hmmm... think that's about.. you guessed it... fiddy cents.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chinese built Prius

Maybe if the USA annexed China as the 51st state, we could then have "Prius Made in the USA"!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: The Chinese-made Prius will be available ONLY in China according to previously published information. So... If you happen to live in China, you could buy one but probably could not import it into the USA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
China

and they need to do something about the pollution. they should make them the car of China since they are doing little else for the environment. it is frightening! :x

·
Registered
45 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:roll: The Chinese-made Prius will be available ONLY in China according to previously published information. So... If you happen to live in China, you could buy one but probably could not import it into the USA.
ChasSuitt,

I know the question will sound confrontational, but, believe me, it's not my intention - I just have to ask: why do you (pretty much) always add an eye roll emoticon to your replies?

Just wondering, that's all.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Edo said:
ChasSuitt said:
ChasSuitt,

I know the question will sound confrontational, but, believe me, it's not my intention - I just have to ask: why do you (pretty much) always add an eye roll emoticon to your replies?

Just wondering, that's all.
Prolly watching the cat jump up from the couch, onto the top of the television, then over to the top of the bookcase. What appears to be an eye roll is really cat tracking...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sanny said:
Prolly watching the cat jump up from the couch, onto the top of the television, then over to the top of the bookcase. What appears to be an eye roll is really cat tracking...
That's one heck of an active cat - always on the move... :shock:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Howdy Edo...

Thanks for the laugh.! I suppose my cat is trying to keep ahead of your dog. I don't consider your question confrontational at all. I confess that overly-animated postings can be irritating. The "eyeroll" :roll: is sometimes trying to experss a "sigh" but is not appropriate on all posts. I find myself avoiding posts with highly animated avatars or excessive animated emoticons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts