Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Check engine light just came on.
I'm taking it tomorrow to get the diagnostics... =(
What could be wrong? I recently got my oil changed...
Any help!?!?
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. its got the engine light with CHECK on it.
Kragen charges 80- for a diagnostics (by boyfriend used to work there), so I will go to my mechanic tomorrow and see what they say.
its an 01 with 98XXX...
I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the help thus far!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Hmmm, maybe it's Auto Zone that scans for free? Anyway, when you find a free shop, politely decline their offer to sell you parts if they ask. Some are scamming customers this way. If they just give you the coeds for free, but dont tell you what they mean, write down the codes and google for them; they are all over the web now.

·
Registered
582 Posts
As the engine oil was just replaced, please confirm that it is not overfilled on the dipstick.

Among the many possible codes I am betting on P3191. Just a hunch :)

DAS

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hey, KTPhil,

Auto Zone has coeds? :roll: And they won't cost you anything? Tell all the single guys where to go so they can get some of those rarities.
KTPhil said:
they just give you the coeds for free,
And then you tell us to "google" them? :oops: I don't know if the coeds will appreciate you telling us that. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 2005 pruis ad the engine light, and all other lights came on as well. It felt like the brake was grabbing hard at times and the car lose power and we had it checked. One module in the hybrid battery was low on volts and we replaced it as lights went out and car did fine for a test drive then all lights came back on. The car has sat up a few months as well . Do we have to program or rebalance the battery pack or computer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts