Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Prius had the fuel gauge fix last Friday. On Tuesday I noticed that none of the dash audio controls were functioning, everything on the steering wheel is still working, but no way to change the CD, so Elvis Costello for a whole week now. I called the dealer and they recon they will need the car for a few hours to check things out. So its all set to go in again tomorrow.

Then yesterday I got a check engine light, and its still there today, so they can take a look at this as well. So far I have done 12000 miles since Nov 1st last year.

Has anyone else had problems after teh fuel gauge fix?

Thanks,

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Thanks for the message. I had the fuel gauge switch performed recently as well, at about the same mileage. I have had no trouble with controls or displays, etc. I've yet to need to fill the tank, so the jury's still out on the actual fix.
Good luck,
Moo :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
bizzywizzy said:
....none of the dash audio controls were functioning, everything on the steering wheel is still working, but no way to change the CD, so Elvis Costello for a whole week now. ...
You can change the disc by holding the ^ or v key on the steering wheel for a second or so (until it goes Ping)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
fuel guage fix

Mine was fixed too and they forgot to plug in the auto dimmer switch so the panel lights were bright all the time. Take it back!.
ps Now I can put. 10 gallons in the tank. woo hoo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my Prius in at 8am this morning and have just heard that they need to order a new "console", that will have to be programmed with the correct mileage and will not be in the shop until Wednesday. They have given me a Camry as a loaner, but I would rather have my Prius back :cry: .

I'll let you know what Wednesday brings :?: .

Thanks,

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bizzywizzy said:
I took my Prius in at 8am this morning and have just heard that they need to order a new "console", that will have to be programmed with the correct mileage and will not be in the shop until Wednesday. They have given me a Camry as a loaner, but I would rather have my Prius back :cry: .

I'll let you know what Wednesday brings :?: .

Thanks,

Mike
It is now almost a week that my Prius has been with Clearwater Toyota and they called today to tell me that it needs a new display screen and they will not get that until Monday next week. So the simple Fuel gauge fix is now in its 3rd week. My car has now been in the shop for almost a week.

I'm glad I dont have any road trips planned as the Camry loaner is nothing like my beloved Prius.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,166 Posts
bizzywizzy said:
bizzywizzy said:
I took my Prius in at 8am this morning and have just heard that they need to order a new "console", that will have to be programmed with the correct mileage and will not be in the shop until Wednesday. They have given me a Camry as a loaner, but I would rather have my Prius back :cry: .

I'll let you know what Wednesday brings :?: .

Thanks,

Mike
It is now almost a week that my Prius has been with Clearwater Toyota and they called today to tell me that it needs a new display screen and they will not get that until Monday next week. So the simple Fuel gauge fix is now in its 3rd week. My car has now been in the shop for almost a week.

I'm glad I dont have any road trips planned as the Camry loaner is nothing like my beloved Prius.
OT, did you buy it from them, and if so, did you pay over MSRP?
Sun tricked me in going over MSRP.
So far they seem to have good service though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
I filled mine up today for the first time since having the fuel gauge/filler tube TSB work completed. For the first time in a year (purchase anniversary is tomorrow) I was able to put more than 10 gallons into the tank.
It took my dealership's repair center exactly one week to complete the fix on my vehicle.
Drive happy,
Moo :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coming up on three weeks!

Well I am still without my Prius, on Friday it will be three weeks since the dealer took it after the problem following the fuel guage fix.

They have given me loaner, but had I wanted a Camry I would have bought one. I just don't understand how it can take so long to sort this thing out. I believed the waiting for parts excuse at the start but now its wearing thin.

Time to call Toyota customer service soon.

Mike. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
Re: Coming up on three weeks!

bizzywizzy said:
Well I am still without my Prius, on Friday it will be three weeks since the dealer took it after the problem following the fuel guage fix.

They have given me loaner, but had I wanted a Camry I would have bought one. I just don't understand how it can take so long to sort this thing out. I believed the waiting for parts excuse at the start but now its wearing thin.

Time to call Toyota customer service soon.

Mike. :(
They needed a Prius for people to test drive. With the new display, you will never know. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got it back today!

I picked the car up three weeks to the day after leaving it for the check engine light and radio.

The radio now works fine, but as I drove home I found that the bottom left area of the display screen does not reswpond to touch. So I can switch to my beloved comsumption screen to see the average mpg, and miles so far on this tank of gas.

So the car goes back on Monday.

Will my Prius ever be the same again?

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prius back after just about 1 month with teh dealer

On Friday 11/19 they put right all the things that went wrong over the last month after teh fuel gauge TSB.

I ended up with an new cd/radio and the original touch screen after the replacement screen was faulty.

Clearwater Toyota, FL did their best to look after me during this frustrating process, I had a loan car every time my car was left with them, 2 Corollas and 1 Camry, they also detailed my Prius and filled it with gas.

Although it took a long time they treated me very well, I think because I didn't jump up and down and scream but stayed calm and polite even when very frustrated. Let's hope its next visit will be for the 15,000 mile oil change.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Re: Prius back after just about 1 month with teh dealer

bizzywizzy said:
...Although it took a long time they treated me very well, I think because I didn't jump up and down and scream but stayed calm and polite even when very frustrated. ...
It was either that or you told them your screen name and they thought it was cute and couldn't bear the thought of being mean to you! :D

Seriously, I'm happy to hear that all is well. My service guy was supposedly looking up some info on the DVD, screen, and fuel tank fixes for me, and was supposed to call me back earlier this week, but he hasn't.

He has until Tuesday, at which time I'm going to call the service manager and politely ask him/her if they've forgotten about me. THAT will make an impression, I'm sure! My aim is to get them to put me in a Camry if they're unable to do the work all in one day.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top