Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing from thread "Check Engine Light at 2100 miles" in Technical forum.

The problem code for my 30,500 mile check engine light was P01436. Can anyone elaborate on the cause? My dealer replaced the front exhaust pipe, which includes the catalytic converter, covered under waranty. Thanks, Jim

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
PriusJim said:
Continuing from thread "Check Engine Light at 2100 miles" in Technical forum.

The problem code for my 30,500 mile check engine light was P01436. Can anyone elaborate on the cause? My dealer replaced the front exhaust pipe, which includes the catalytic converter, covered under waranty. Thanks, Jim
EG015-02
Aug. 2, 2003
M.I.L. "ON" P1436-HCAC Bypass Valve Improvement
2001-2002 Prius

Produced before VIN JT2BK12U#20051999

Introduction:
Certain 2001 and 2002 model year Prius vehicles that are operated in areas where road
salt is commonly used may experience a M.I.L. .ON. condition with Diagnostic Trouble
Code P1436 stored in the Engine Control Module (ECM). Use the following procedure to
inspect the HCAC bypass valve for smooth operation and replace the Front Exhaust Pipe
Assembly if any shaft binding is evident.

Applicable Warranty*:
This repair is covered under the Toyota Federal Emissions Warranty. This warranty is
in effect for 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle.s
in-service date.
* Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer.s specific complaint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts