Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what size wrench I need to change the oild on my '02 and where the drain plug is located (no I cannot go look for it myself as my wife has the car today)

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I use a crescent wrench when removing drain plugs. I have never had any issues with tightness when putting them back on.

I have thought of moving over to a torque wrench just to be a perfectionist when putting the drain plug back on. When I do that, if I do, I'll let you know the drain plug size on the 05. It is probably the same as on your vehicle because Toyota uses the same block on the 05 as the 02 (I think).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Changed the oil today - it was the easiest car I ever changed the oil on. Did not have to raise the car at all as the drain plug is so close to the front of the car. The entire job took about 10 minutes. Only problem I had was that the Mobil-1 oil is so clear it was hard to figure out where it actually came up to on the dipstick. I put in a little less than 3 and 1/2 quarts and figure in a few days I will check the level once it picks up a little dirt and makes it easier to read on the stick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts