Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know if I can change my heated HH front seats with some other brand like maybe Lexus and how much it may cost. I am so close to trading in my HH for another Hybrid SUV, just because of the seats. This is terrible because I love my HH. It is otherwise the best vehicle I have ever driven. Man, the little 1996 Pontiac Grand Am I just sold had seats that were more comfortable than this vehicle. I am NOT the the Princess from the Princes and the Pea story, although it may sound like it.

Any help would be appreciated from some mechanics out there or anyone who has had the same problem and what they did to fix it. I have considered getting laytex wheelchair pads and having them put under factory seat covers. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Hi, Jill,

Sorry to say I'm not the one with an answer to either of your questions, but I'm sure somebody here can help you. I responded because (dare I say this?---I will because I now know you DO have a sence of humor) I now understand why you jumped all over Dan in this same topic a while back regard'g the "New Hybrid Emblem" thread.

Now don't everybody go jump'g to that thread to see what was said!! We're all good with Jill now & she's good with us (unless I just screwed that up here). So, Jill, (grin please) I would also have a bad day or 2 & jump all over somebody if I had to endure the pain of uncomfortable seats as you are doing. I just had to make the comment here because I fully understand how miserable a long commute in uncomfortable seats can be. (You are still grinning, aren't you?).

So, what say guys? Can we help dear sweet Jill to keep her HH with pain free seats & keep that smile on her face? (Boy, I hope I didn't upset her).

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Jill,
If you mean the leather heated seats? Yeah Toyota seems to make them a little stiff, like in my Avalon. I had all I could do to make a dent in them with my 160lbs. They seems to have gotten better as they age, although there for a while I was using a memory foam seat cusion like Here or here. I slid around a lot until I happen to let it sit in the Sun for awhile during the Summer. And that seemed to do the trick as they are definitely softer. HTH

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dash,

Thanks so much for the information. I have just ordered 2 of the seat cushions, one for the auto and one for the office. It is good to hear from someone that had a similar problem. I was starting to think it was all in my head and not on my A__! :wink:

Ken,

Thanks for the laughs. Yes I do have a sense of humor. Let’s just not start picking on my lack of “message post etiquette” again. I WILL NOT TAKE IT LIGHTLY! :twisted:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, Ken,

Did you or anyone else out there that read the “EMBLEM” post notice that I chided Dan Man for being mean and then proceeded to be mean with my comments? I’m so embarrassed. My mother would be also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.