Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2004 Silver #7!

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default settings used for the Auto AC feature in a 2004?

I live in southern Arizona and I want the AC on as quick as possible. However, the Auto AC function turns the fan on high right away which turns the car into a loud and hot blast furnace. It would be nice to have the fan start out on low for a bit and then ramp up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
As far as I know, the only way to start slow is to use the temperature up button on the steering wheel (or on the climate display) and increase your desired temperature until the fan slows down, and then decrease the temp incrementally.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you are willing to do without the automatic feature, you can set the temp on low and press the lowest fan button. That will set the A/C running while only putting out a small amount of air. You might even use the floor-only setting so that air does not hit you in the face. Once the A/C is putting out cold air you can switch to whatever vents you prefer and crank up the fan, or switch back to automatic.

We've not had A/C weather here yet, but I have similar issues with the heater: automatic does not do what I want, so I use the manual controls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts