Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each time I turn on the A/C from the steering wheel, Auto AC, the fan seems automatically to be in the highest position. Can this be changed? Don't really need a tornado in the car each time it's hot! :lol:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The only way is to change your set temperature. As the car's internal temperature reaches your set point, it slows down the fan. (For example, if the interior of your car is 95 degrees (very easy if it's been sitting in the sun for awhile,) and you have your 'auto' set at 72 degrees, it will go on full blast (and recirculate) until the cabin temp is about 80, then start slowing the fan down. You can accomplish the same effect by just increasing your preset temperature. (But, if the car is hot enough, setting the temp even to it's highest will still have it pumping out at full blast.)

Of course, you can also manually control it by pressing the 'CLIMATE' button, and choosing a fan speed yourself. Sometimes, auto seems to insist on having the fan on speed 2 or 3, even when I have narrowed down the temperature so that it starts pumping out heat. When it's at the temp I like, I do want a slight breeze, but only with the fan on minimum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I find that the climate control is just too aggressive with the fan and the Aircond. I am finding myself wanting to close the centre airvent to reduce the blast on my face. Worse when the sun comes out as she compensates for more radiant heat from the sun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts