Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Prius for almost three weeks now - and it's truly what I thought it might be. I see that Stateside cars show temperatures in Fahernheit. Mine is in Centigrade. Can I change? f so how?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Paddy you are lying to us...Your signature clearly states that you don't have your Prius yet... :p

There are several different settings screens for the MFD... might be one of them.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Those kinds of interfaces change from region to region. In the states, there is no documented way to change display from F to C. In Canada, I believe it does show in C, don't think there is a way to change to F.

We have no documentation on UK models, interfaces are different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C or F

Thank you both - from what you say it looks like I'll be stuck with C. I much prefer F as 68 always seems warmer than 20.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Well maybe you don't make the best cars or motorcycles in the world anymore but you sure can't knock that "scotch and gin" and those great cucumber sandwiches.
How come you haven't been driving one of those turbo charged little diesels we've been reading that all Europeans have to beat the high cost of petrol?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a lot of the deisels about - but I just didn't like (a) the fact that you had to wear gloves when filling up - if you didn't you were likely to get deisel on your hands (it was inclined to 'creep'). All right if you were just going home - but deadly if you were going out (b) there is the question of the emission - too many particulates. The Prius has a special rate of taxation in the UK because of its low emission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Michelle, I'll give them a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.