Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Prius for almost three weeks now - and it's truly what I thought it might be. I see that Stateside cars show temperatures in Fahernheit. Mine is in Centigrade. Can I change? f so how?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Paddy you are lying to us...Your signature clearly states that you don't have your Prius yet... :p

There are several different settings screens for the MFD... might be one of them.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Those kinds of interfaces change from region to region. In the states, there is no documented way to change display from F to C. In Canada, I believe it does show in C, don't think there is a way to change to F.

We have no documentation on UK models, interfaces are different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C or F

Thank you both - from what you say it looks like I'll be stuck with C. I much prefer F as 68 always seems warmer than 20.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a lot of the deisels about - but I just didn't like (a) the fact that you had to wear gloves when filling up - if you didn't you were likely to get deisel on your hands (it was inclined to 'creep'). All right if you were just going home - but deadly if you were going out (b) there is the question of the emission - too many particulates. The Prius has a special rate of taxation in the UK because of its low emission.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Paddy, you may want to check with a dealer. As I said, we don't seem to have access to the UK repair manuals/info. There may be a way to change from C to F over there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Michelle, I'll give them a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts