• Why didn't I think of that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the center console on the 04/05 as a cooler?

I noticed on the way home today that the little carpet comes out... and the inside is one piece moulded plastic with two easily sealable screw holes (can you say hot-melt glue)

With a long trip on my mind ... it got me thinking.... Cooler?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose so... Fortunatly before I dumped the first load of ice in, my wife asked "What about the cigarette lighter in there?" Boy that could have been a mess.

But that got me thinking of 12v peltiers and heat sinks...

It just never ends

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ok----, now I have to ask a couple questions.
1. What is today's date?
2. Who is the current President of the United States?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think my center console is already very cool, 8). Ray Charles lives there--when he is not in the CD player.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My thought...tiny leak, SKS oscillator dies--huge money loss....not worth it. Buy a little ice chest, velcro (hook part) on the bottom, stick it to the hump.

·
Registered
420 Posts
We've already used the center console as a cooler, sort of. We put a half-gallon of milk in it when we were on our way to a play and the milk store was closing before the play ended, figuring it would stay cooler than if we just put it on the floor. And it did, probably...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we've already got a six-pack sized cooler left over from our hurricane evacs. I guess we'll stick to that as I've got no time left to experiment with scraps of above-ground-pool lining, and electric cooling.

2004 technology and still no soda dispenser... oh well at least I don't have to stick quarters in it to make it go.

:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
cooler

I voted yes, 'cause I want to try to use those re-freezeable (sp?) paks in there! Maybe even in a ziplock bag to prevent condenstion from dripping. I'm guessing a few sodas would fit. 'Course, where is all the junk that's in there now going to go? I need my junk.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, the time has come for me to go on record as saying that I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your vehicle by my mindless ramblings.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I bet with some charcoal briquettes you could grill in that console! I'll be happy to try it with your car. :wink:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually Hep, I was thinking with Peltiers, you get a cold side and a hot side... Cold side for my beer, Hot side for your coffee...

·
Registered
81 Posts
melgish said:
Actually Hep, I was thinking with Peltiers, you get a cold side and a hot side... Cold side for my beer, Hot side for your coffee...
Is it time for a new poll?
What is scarier:
:arrow: Hep on caffeine
:arrow: Melgish on beer

:lol: :D :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
finman, that is a brilliant idea. Living in the desert, I am constantly looking for a way to keep a water bottle cool when I'm out running errands. If I leave one in the car for 1/2 hour it gets downright HOT. I'm going to try leaving a bottle in the center console compartment with an ice pack thingie. Maybe wrapped in a ziploc for extra protection. . .

I really do wish there was a little electric cooler built into the car.

And a small espresso machine.

And toaster for my pop tarts on the way to work.

Hm. . .

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
An04Prius said:
I think my center console is already very cool, 8). Ray Charles lives there--when he is not in the CD player.
I'm glad Ray is still alive. I thought he would go to heaven, but if his spirit is in the center console of a Prius someplace, that is ok also. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts