Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Just upgraged my cell phone to a Motorola Razr. This works great!!! I was really surprised when someone called me the other night and the system processed the call and all I had to do was answer through the car mic. Downloaded my phonebook as well.

Doing over 2000 miles per month this is a real nice convienience. Highly suggest you navigation owners do this upgrade. It's a real nice saftey thing as well. No hands!!

PS: My mileage has also dropped a few MPG's since this cold weather has hit. :(

·
Registered
319 Posts
So, did the RAZR transfer the whole phonebook at once?

If they ever put enough memory in one of those (2GB or so), I would consider getting one...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikepaul said:
So, did the RAZR transfer the whole phonebook at once?

If they ever put enough memory in one of those (2GB or so), I would consider getting one...
I was unable to get the whole book at once. Just downloaded the ones that I call on a regular basis.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
newpriusfan said:
How did you download the phone numbers? I also have a razr and wasn't able to do it.
Thanks.
:) Go to your phonebook menu and pull up the number you want to add. Then hit the dash bar in the center of the top of the phone. It will pull up a menu that you can use to (SEND) the number to your car computer. This will work if you have turned on the Bluetooth system on your phone to automatic and have put in the passkey number so that it will talk to your car unit. Passkey number is listed on the car computer, you cant miss it once your in the bluetooth menu of the car unit. You will have to go to the (start transfer) button menu on the car computer as well. It will only take a second to do the transfer. I have only been able to do one number at a time.

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
So, does anybody know why the Prius doesn't allow manual phonebook entries through the MFD? That sure would be nice since I've had so many problems getting my Verizon phone to work. If I could just enter a few numbers manually into my Prius, I wouldn't care that Verizon has disabled the OBEX.

·
Registered
59 Posts
jwygal said:
So, does anybody know why the Prius doesn't allow manual phonebook entries through the MFD? That sure would be nice since I've had so many problems getting my Verizon phone to work. If I could just enter a few numbers manually into my Prius, I wouldn't care that Verizon has disabled the OBEX.
Not an answer to your question but you can use the one-touch buttons to store numbers. They can be programed from incoming and outgoing call records. The disadvantage is that you can't associate a name to the button when you do it this way so you have to recognize the number.

·
Registered
215 Posts
razr

Say, I'm thinking about upgrading to the Razr from the v400. I've never been happy with the receiver volume on my current phone. How do you like the Razr, in general? I'm not nuts about the goofy layout of the keypad, but maybe you get used to it. Is it generally a comfortable phone, etc.? And, is the volume decent?

Any input would be much appreciated!

marlowe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: razr

marlowe7 said:
Say, I'm thinking about upgrading to the Razr from the v400. I've never been happy with the receiver volume on my current phone. How do you like the Razr, in general? I'm not nuts about the goofy layout of the keypad, but maybe you get used to it. Is it generally a comfortable phone, etc.? And, is the volume decent?

Any input would be much appreciated!

marlowe
Sounds much louder then the Nokia had previously had. Speaker phone has something to be desired, but all in all it sounds real good. Comes through in gangbusters over the Prius console.

·
Registered
215 Posts
razr

What about the general ergonomics of the phone. It doesn't look like it would be comfortable to use, but I've never held one. And, again, the funky keypad concerns me.

Is it generally a workable phone?

Thanks,

marlowe

·
Read Only
51 Posts
CarMyne said:
jwygal said:
Not an answer to your question but you can use the one-touch buttons to store numbers. They can be programed from incoming and outgoing call records. The disadvantage is that you can't associate a name to the button when you do it this way so you have to recognize the number.
Another option for adding a few phone numbers manually is to add them to “My Places” on the GPS menu screen. That way you have the name, address, location and phone number in one place. Heck you can even put some of them on the quick access list. When you want to call that number just select the destination screen. Pick the “Memory” then find the entry and select it. It will go to the map screen and show you where it is. Press the “Info” button on the screen. It will show you the address and phone number. Just press the phone icon and it will make your call. That’s the only way I have been able to enter names, addresses and phone numbers in one place manually.

It’s also an easy way to call businesses that are in the GPS already that you don’t have to enter in the regular phone book. I do it sometimes just to make sure they are open before I head there. Heck, I was surprised that my work address and phone number was there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: razr

marlowe7 said:
What about the general ergonomics of the phone. It doesn't look like it would be comfortable to use, but I've never held one. And, again, the funky keypad concerns me.

Is it generally a workable phone?

Thanks,

marlowe
Nice phone...bigger keypad for bigger fingers...it works well for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wstander said:
PassGas,

Did you compare it with the Motorola e815?
Did not compare with the e815. Was looking for something that was priced right and had ease of use with the Navigation system on the car. I'm sure there are other phones that will preform just as well. If not, wait a month and they'll be on the market!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RolfS said:
CarMyne said:
jwygal said:
Another option for adding a few phone numbers manually is to add them to “My Places” on the GPS menu screen. That way you have the name, address, location and phone number in one place. Heck you can even put some of them on the quick access list. When you want to call that number just select the destination screen. Pick the “My Places” then find the entry and select it. It will go to the map screen and show you where it is. Press the “Info” button on the screen. It will show you the address and phone number. Just press the phone icon and it will make your call. That’s the only way I have been able to enter names, addresses and phone numbers in one place manually.

It’s also an easy way to call businesses that are in the GPS already that you don’t have to enter in the regular phone book. I do it sometimes just to make sure they are open before I head there. Heck, I was surprised that my work address and phone number was there.
Great Info.... I'll try it!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Blusetooth Cell Phone Pairing and Options Matrix

Check this site out for Prius and Cell Phone compatability. It has a Matrix (Table) for Gen 3,4 and a seperate one for Gen 5 Bluetooth.

Must have Adobe Acrobat Reader . . .

http://www.john2211.nl/Hybride_overige_ ... atible.pdf

Sorry if this has already been posted . . .

Wildkow

p.s. If somebody can tell me how to get my Audiovox SMT5600 to transfer to the Prius phone book I would be grateful. The matrix says it does not work but I swear that I read somewhere on the net that someone got it to work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts