Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I'm really enjoying the car quite a bit; a recent 1000 mile trip was a lot easier with the nav system (except when it led me astray and to a dead-end in the woods where it thought the road went through, but that was only a 6-7 mile detour).

However, it seems that the CD Text feature simply doesn't work. I've tried many CD's which show CD Text info on my home CD changer, but the title info is always blank on the Prius display.

Is there some setting or something I'm missing? It seems really strange to have this one feature simply not work.

Thanks
-b

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe that the problem is most likely with the CDs, not the audio system. The CDs in question need to have the information coded on them in a standard that the audio system can recognize. I'm guessing that many older CDs just don't have the info. I see the same issue with my CDs that were produced a few years ago but ones that have come out recently seem to display just as I would expect.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I didn't notice that you said that your home CD player does recognize some that your Prius doesn't :oops:

Perhaps then the problem is with the standard (or maybe lack thereof) used for placing the info on the CD in the first place. I know for sure that Audioslave's latest CD shows track info properly on my '04 Prius.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good to know, I noticed mine doesn't work with my cd's either - and the ones loaded are pretty new...does this mean I have to purchase a copy of Autoslave to test it? Ahhh, Just another mystery to solve. Everyday I find something new!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
That's funny! The only CD I've tried so far is... you guessed it... Audioslave. And the text did work fine.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah, the 'CD Text' standard can be very flaky. I have a few CDs that have text, and four CD players that supposedly support CD text. Only one of the players shows text for every CD except one, one shows it for most of the CDs (including the one disc that the other doesn't,) and two players (including the Prius) don't show any text, ever.

That, and I don't know why iTunes doesn't write CD Text info. It would be nice for my mix CDs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: CD-Text worked fo rme

mikeslavis said:
I rented a Prius for a test drive for one day and it displayed the CD-TEXT from my "home-brewed" compilation CDs just fine. I use Goldenhawk CDRWin to burn them...

[email protected]
I had no problems with CDs burned with DragonBurn on Mac OSX.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Anyone have any experiences via Toast Titanium 6(.0.7) on Mac OS X (10.3.5)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes

TechnoMage said:
Anyone have any experiences via Toast Titanium 6(.0.7) on Mac OS X (10.3.5)?
Yes, I (well my dad) has a copy of Toast Titanium on the lates Mac OS (panther, just not sure which specific version), and I tested out a burnt CD and it worked beautifully on the Prius! Very cool. In Toast, You drag the files into the Audio window, make sure you have the Advanced Options drawer open, and check the box that says "CD-TEXT". Then Double-click on any track and a window comes up to change the details; it has two tabs, open the first tab to set info for the CD (Album and artist).
The nice thing about Toast is that it takes the ID3 tags in your MP3s to automatically fill in those fields. So you only have to fill in the Disc data.
Questions, post. I can get some screenshots if you need them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Cool; can't wait to try it. 8) I've got the software, so I think I can take it from there. Was mainly looking to see if anyone had any success before I burned a "coaster" trying to find out the hard way myself. Thanks! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts