Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you in advance.
A bit of history:
I live on a VERY bad bumpy dirt road. My current car has destroyed one of my CD's. It seems the CD spins even when listening to the radio.
The only safe thing I can do is to remove the CD when on the dirt road.

The Question:
Will the CD players in Package 7 and 9 both have the same issue? Or will the CD be "parked" to prevent damage to both the player and the CD if the CD is not being played?

A wish list item:
It would be great if Toyota would implement MP3 directly. One could load the CD's and put them back in their case out of harms way. Also skipping would no longer be an issue. Does Toyota have a suggestions forum that they actually listen and respond to?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If you live on that bad of a road, you might consider "parking" your CD drive manually (ie; shut the sound system off when driving on that road).

I too, would LOVE to be able to have a mass-storage MP3 rig for my car. Although they wouldn't be appropriate for your bumpy road, I liked the KENWOOD "Music Keg" series. Never had one, just liked the concept.

There were two, if I remember correctly; a 10GB and a 20GB. The cartridges were more like removable hard drive "cartridges" that looked like big heavy-duty floppy disks, and were designed to be "docked' to your PC for file transfers.

But for your situation with the bumpy road, maybe some kind of memory-card option would be better than using a disk-based MP3 storage system.

Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: MP3

I've been looking at non-harddrive MP3. Can anyone suggest something really good and the best way to hook it up on the Prius?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hey, folks doesn't Costaltech have some sort of conversion kit? I know it probably wouldn't work with the Prius's MFD screen, but I was just wondering...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts