Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Recently purchased a Prius in Puerto Rico, however, they only model they sell locally is the basic one. I am a fanatic of cassette programs and would like to install a cassette player to it. Could anybody help by telling me if there is a cassette player that works well for the Prius. Would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You would need an aux-in adapter. I doubt anyone has a tape player that would connect directly to any car, let alone the Prius, nor have one with an FM transmitter. Not many do tapes anymore. Even my church choir gives out practice music on CD now.

But then, I have been suprised before.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
FM transmitter.

You could just get one of those FM transmitters that plug into a headphone port, and plug that into a walkman-style tape player.

That's by far the cheapest way to do it, and short of modifying your Prius with something like Coastal Tech's AUX-In adaptor, the ONLY way.

FM Transmitter link: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=fm+transmitter (Some of them are specifically for iPods, make sure the one you get has a headphone jack input.) Also try your local Radio Shack. (I assume Radio Shack is in PR.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts