Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is anyone keeping up with the possible dates of this bill (if pases) to ride solo in the diamond lanes (HOV). I have tried to search and find confusing information.

Especially interested in San Francisco area roads/bridges.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, tomorrow is April 12, and that is the day they are going to look into the bill and pass it or appose it. SO, we should hear something tomorrow evening or Tuesday. Hopefully it will pass!!!

Brian

·
Registered
51 Posts
AB2628 - HOV lane use by solo drivers of some hybrids in CA

I will post the results of the vote in the Transportation Committee as soon as they are available, assuming that the hearing does actually take place tomorrow (Monday 4-12) as scheduled. Thanks are due to everyone who responded. The response was overwhelming. Some of you may know that there was a press conference in LA on Thursday 4-8 held by Assemblymember Pavley (the author of the legislation) and Treasurer Phil Angelides. We coordinated having a number of Prii and Honda Civic Hybrids in attendance, and several of our drivers were interviewed, cars made it on tv etc. The press conference got good play on much of the media in LA and San Diego and throughout CA. Thanks to those who made it and showcased their cars! Assuming the bill is voted out of committee, I will post the timetable for the next steps.

You should know that even after final passage by the legislature and signing by the Gov, the Feds still have to allow it, because of Fed highway funds. Its in the energy bill though, so it should pass there soon too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts