Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to buy a cargo cover to conceal the trunk area? I noticed that the 2005 Prius I saw did not come equipped with such a cover.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
sjerseycraig said:
Is there any way to buy a cargo cover to conceal the trunk area? I noticed that the 2005 Prius I saw did not come equipped with such a cover.
If you are talking about the cover that pulls out horizontally like a window shade, all Prius come with them. Perhaps the dealer just didn't have it in place at the time you looked at the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cargo cover

Your replies make me feel better. The car belongs to a co-worker, and it was parked that way in an area in which there's some danger of smash-and-grab. I'm glad the cars don't come without covers!

·
Registered
457 Posts
The cargo cover stores nicely in the "secret" area UNDER the cargo area carpet..(above the spare tire) Maybe that's where your friend put it.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
There are lots of really well designed interior touches in the Prius. The under floor storage in the cargo area is ingenious. The underfloor tray is quite large and will hide just about any moderately sized package without having to use the shade. Plus there are specially designed slots for the cargo area shade.

I keep my cargo shade stored down there most of the time. I put the shade in its normal slots for use when I am carrying cargo which I need to disguse between store stops. However I seem to need to put down my seats more often than I use the shade, so keeping the shade stowed in the lower compartment is easier than removing it every time I need the seats down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts