Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had an experience like this? I went to pickup my car from the dealer (it was in for an oil change) and I found a salesman and a customer sitting in my car. I think they were going to take it out for a test drive.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Did you flap your hands and say "shooooo!! shoooo!! GIT!!!" What violation! Tell the dealer to detail the car to get the cooties out. :(

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I would find another dealer to service the car and let the current one know why. They have no legal right to be in your vehicle unless it's service related.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OOOoooooo!!!!

Oh, I'd be PISSED! They would have had to pull my finger off of the salesman's neck.

But that's just me. *innocent look*

I suggest writing a formal compaint letter to the dealership and toyota and then finding someone else to do the work on your car.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
You could consider it in another light. There was no such animal in town when I put my deposit down and I would have been delighted if the salesman who had taken my deposit could have sat me in a customers car just to see what all the hype was about. I'm sure they were not going to take it for a drive without your permission. Too much liability involved.
I'll bet if asked you would have been delighted to describe your car to the both of them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Was there another Prius on the lot that they could have used for a test drive?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hmm. I think I would be slightly amused...and if they sold it, I think I would be slightly suing them for a new car, and the money they made on mine.

And now, time for pie.

(sorry, but it is.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't see any other Priuses on the lot... that's probably the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think a letter to their GM and a request for a full detail service might be in order. If there was another convenient dealer for servicing my car, I'd switch, but I can walk to this one.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I actually offered a customer a look inside my Prius at my oil change. He declined. However, I'd be upset if the salesman did so without my permission.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I heard the first post and chuckled. I assumed there was an interested customer and no display/sale models around and the salesman was doing his best.

After reading the subsequent, angry, posts I thought you guys had a point too.

I don't think I would have been mad, per se. But I probably would have asked the salesman, half tongue-in-cheek, if he was going to split the commission with me if he made a sale. I'd have probably taken over the deal and showed the customer the car myself and corrected any misinformation the salesman assuredly gave him ("What's the B for??).

I, too, think a letter to the GM and the Sales manager is a good idea. Keep the tone polite but 'concerned'. Suggest a free oil change and tire rotation your next service visit and a scolding to the sales guy.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:idea: Seems it would be a very good idea to make a note of the odometer reading when you left your car for service. A *FEW* miles could be expected for service activities, but too many would indicate the possibility of a "test/demo" drive, or a trip to "lunch" for someone in the service function. Some years back, I had service personnel smoke in my car stinking it up - I'm a lifelong non-smoker and actually allergic to tobacco smoke. Needless to say, the Service Manager and I had a discussion and that dealer got no more of my business even for a subsequent new car purchase.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I think the flapping hands and saying "shoo shooooo" probably did the trick. No self respecting cootie would stick around after that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I went to the dealer in Omaha to pick up my new car a salesman had 3 people sitting in it. He said he hoped I wouldn't mind. I bought the car but I never go back to that dealer for anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts