Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8-9-06

I have always gravitated towards fully loaded luxo-boats, especially Lincoln Continentals, with the digital dash and multi-buttoned time-distance-MPG selections, of the 80's. The most fun from a dash, however, was the ill-fated 86-90 Buick Riviera with the touch screen dash. All told, there were 55 screen selections, including monitors for all the systems, compass, phone, and auto AC.
Now, the Toyota Prius, mine of 2006, with all the bells and whistles, NAV, "continue on the present road", bluetooth, voice command recognition, "75 degrees", now setting 75 degrees..., leaves me in awe.
To put a description into one word, as I related to the Toyota sales manager the next day, I'm .....SPEECHLESS .....
What more can I say about the Prius?
Can anyone describe it more succinctly?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
archiveman2977 said:
8-9-06

To put a description into one word, as I related to the Toyota sales manager the next day, I'm .....SPEECHLESS .....
What more can I say about the Prius?
Can anyone describe it more succinctly?
Speechless will be a problem with the Nav! It's funny that all the attention on this car is how many miles per gallon it gets. It's a fine, fun, high-tech piece of machinery. I love, love, love the smart key system!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love, love, love the smart key system![/quote]

I love the smart key system too! Soooo Cool. And the touch screens are especially great because they're mine, all mine... I don't have any little ones riding in the car wanting to touch them (I jealously guard that reset button).:) But here's my question: what in the heck do you use to keep the screen and other dark pieces of plastic in this car clean?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
LittleLamb said:
I love the smart key system too! Soooo Cool. And the touch screens are especially great because they're mine, all mine... I don't have any little ones riding in the car wanting to touch them (I jealously guard that reset button).:) But here's my question: what in the heck do you use to keep the screen and other dark pieces of plastic in this car clean?
I use one of those 3M dust cloths to wipe the fingerprints off the screen and the shiny parts of the dash. Of course do the screen when the car is off or you will undoubtedly reset your fuel consuption.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Phish Phood said:
High tech computer on wheels. How I love toys :)
The common denomonator for us all?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.