Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to get some views on this.

I got into an accident (not my fault). Some guy cut me off and I was not able to stop.

The damage was to my front end. No airbag but and it was drivable.

But even if you don't get errors should I we worried about the Synergy Drive and all?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If you don't see anything leaking, no new noises, probably not a problem. At least not any more of a problem than on a conventional car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It shouldn't be any worse than on a regular car. One thing I did discover, though, when I dented the front end of my old classic Prius, was that ONE new headlight cost almost $200!

·
Registered
13 Posts
paul16451 said:
It shouldn't be any worse than on a regular car. One thing I did discover, though, when I dented the front end of my old classic Prius, was that ONE new headlight cost almost $200!
And HID headlights cost even more. When I was hit in my RX-8, the HID headlight cost $450 to replace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.

I have HID headlights and they are not damaged, thank goodness.

I will take it in for a checkup it is due for one.

I if it were a regular gas engine, I would not worry.

But I have never heard of any data that tested the robust nature of the Synergy Engine.

Thanks

·
Registered
928 Posts
Stick a bunch of newspaper under it tonight when you park. Check in the morning to see if any cracks developed where fluid can leak.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure the internal combustion engine is alot more delicate than electric motors and a generator... they're really not very mechanically complex.

·
Registered
669 Posts
And the battery is in the back... I don't know if it really makes sense, but that's the thing I'd worry about most in a collision. If the part of the electric motor that converts the potential energy into mechanical energy were damaged, I think you'd notice that in the way the car drives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts