Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my NAV wouldn't go in to night mode. My husband has a Land Cruiser with NAV and his works and looks great. He went in to the dealer and asked them about night mode on my NAV ... they told him it wasn't available on the Prius' NAV. However ...

It IS supposed to have a Night Mode according to the manual. Anyway there isn't even a button for night or day mode from DISPLAY. Brightness and Contrast are set a mid points. I selected Normal for both night and day mode on SETTINGS. I turned off my headlights (I usually use them as DTRs.) Soooo why can't I get Night Mode to work?

Also, there is a scrolling wheel located on the dash, lower left of steering wheel. It is set at about midway -- what does it control?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The day mode button on the screen only shows up if the dash lights are turned on by turning on the tail lights. Otherwise, you are looking in the right place for the Day Mode button.

Incidentally, even if the screen is in day mode, the backlight should dim when the dash lights are on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, all is well ...

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I know you have to turn on your headlights/taillights. Then it's either to have the interior light dimmer wheel on full brightness, or dimmed, and one of those two positions will give you the "day mode" button on when viewing the "display" button's screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts