Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I am thinking about going to Sunrise Point on Mt. Rainier. This particular place is about 6400 feet. I was wondering if anybody had any experiences taking prius to such elevations? Or better yet, did anyone from this forum attempt this drive in their Prius 05. I will appreciate any information!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've driven my '05 Prius over Logan Pass in Glacier Nat. Park (elev. 6646 ft.) with no problems. IMO it should not be a problem to drive to Sunrise in Mt. Rainier Nat. Park in your Prius. Sometime this summer I plan to drive up in my Prius to Paradise in the same park.

No sweat, and, you will get fantastic mpg readouts on the way back. Bump up your tire pressures to 44 psi front and 42 rear and though the ride wil be more harsh your mileage will go up and the handling will improve.

Anybody from the Denver area wish to chime in with their experiences in a Prius going through Eisenhower Pass on I-70 at over 11,000 ft?

My $0.02

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recently took my Prius up to lake Arrowhead 5100 ft. It ran without any problems and was never felt like it was laboring at all. My milleage dropped dramatically going up, but coming home I made up for it and finally was able to see a Fully charged (80%) all green bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts