Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Is there online access for an individual Prius owner to check the VIN to determine which TSB's and/or recalls have been done? I purchased my '04 slightly used and am not sure what has/has not been performed.

I did elect to *NOT* have the Fuel Gauge Inaccuracy TSB done in view of many reports or little or no improvement, and the extensive disassembly/re-assembly required. I'm a believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

·
Registered
457 Posts
TSB question

Is there online access for an individual Prius owner to check the VIN to determine which TSB's and/or recalls have been done?
Charles: I really doubt if the Toyota hotline would know about YOUR particular car. If there's a Toyota dealer involved, they should have service records. I presume there's no paper work in the glove box..? ~JD~

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, John... I bought my Prius "barely used" (4,000 miles) and got all the documentation, manuals, etc. She was originally owned by a Toyota employee in Houston (250 miles South of Dallas), so I'm not sure what was/wasn't done and would like to confirm TSB's and SSC's have been done. Seems my best route is a good Dallas area Dealer and have them check my VIN for the info.

You mentioned in a previous post you had called Toyota to determine what had been done on your Prius, thought you might know who to call.

[Interesting sidebar I will send private email...]

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You can have your dealer search TechInfo with your vin and see if there are any outstanding campaigns.
TSBs are bulletins regarding proceedures and common problems with their solutions. Some of the solutions to some common problems is to apply a new calibration. Those have to be searched out manually on TechInfo. Again, check with a good service dealer.

You could go onto Techinfo.toyota.com yourself, but it requires a paid subscription to access the data. There's a daily, monthly and yearly rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts