Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a big person fit in this car? 6'4 190 pounds, long legs...? I have alot of trouble getting in most japanese cars as my legs will not even go under the steering wheel, its like a grown up getting into a child's plastic gokart.. I have got into a Lexus LS430 and GS430 though, excellent room but I really want a prius.. can anyone tell me what it's like? would be even great if they could compare it to those lexus'

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm 6'4" and 210 lbs. I am quite comfortable in my Prius. I recently drove 14 1/2 hrs. with a 15 minute break for breakfast and one stop for gas. I had no backache afterwards which would have been a sure thing in my F150 with the cushy captains chairs. Fear not. This car is the greatest.
Ray

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ray Moore said:
I'm 6'4" and 210 lbs. I am quite comfortable in my Prius. I recently drove 14 1/2 hrs. with a 15 minute break for breakfast and one stop for gas. I had no backache afterwards which would have been a sure thing in my F150 with the cushy captains chairs. Fear not. This car is the greatest.
Ray
Yes, little people, we big people fit. I am 6'4" 240 and I fit in it okay.
When I get svelt again, I'll fit even better, haha.

jim

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am 6'3, 155 pounds, and it is a nice fit, I had to move the seat foreword to reach the pedals, comfortably.

Brian

·
Registered
26 Posts
At 6'2" 175 lbs I fit perfect with the seat all the way back. I can also sit in the back with the front's all the way back without hitting my knees. (ie, I can comfortably sit behind myself)
andy

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have read posts here that people with long legs may have a bit of a problem staying comfortable on long trips. I'm 5'10" with a long torso, and fit well in front, but hit the headliner when I sit in the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't know, because I'm only 5 feet tall, but my husband is a BIG guy (6'3 and around 270), and he was absolutely shocked about how comfortable the car was for him. He has a hard time with cars in general because they are so low to the ground, but the Prius has a door shape that allows for long legs to swing in and out.

Driving the car was a little less comfortable for him, however, because the pedals were higher and there's no height adjustment for the seat. But it's my car, so all he really has to worry about is riding in it - not driving it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Another thing is, when I got to hit the gas, my knee hits the dash right below the gear selector. I just moved seat back alittle and all gone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am about 6'5" about 200lbs and when I test drove the car (as I don't actually have it yet :( ) I fit quite comfortably in the front, but my head hit the ceiling in the back. I don't plan on sitting in the back, so it wasn't a big deal.
It seemed like I had to ease the driver's seat back a bit to get a good field of vision though, but that is the case with the Nissan Sentra which I currently have as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am 6'2". The Aussie version has height adjustment, but no tilt. I found that the seat seems to tilt a little forward. It'll just take a little while to get used to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Guess I have to be the odd man out on this one. I am 6'2" fit is OK - Just OK. Lots of head room and leg room is adequate but would like a bit more. (Not as comfortable as my 94 Explorer)
Wish the steering wheel was telescoping vice tilt - the tilt is so slight that its worthless. I have the seat all the way back (do not have extra long legs or torso) and find the steering wheel a bit of a reach.
Love the car but sometimes those of us who actually have one tend to get carried away with our enthusiasm for it.

My Advice: Do not listen to any of us - You must test drive the car for yourself!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
[/quote]My Advice: Do not listen to any of us - You must test drive the car for yourself!!
Absolutely!
It would be great to have the steering wheel with a telescope option.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ha ha! I messed that post up pretty well. I hope you all understand that I was quoting OldFox.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
test it yourself!

tall people seem to like the classic Prius better than the 2004 Prius, even though on paper they have the same (or larger for the 2004) legroom/headroom specs!

a friend of mine is 6'10", loves his classic Prius as he can actually fit.
a fellow or two on the toyota-prius list, around 6', test-drove a classic Prius once or twice, didn't buy it because they couldn't get their legs comfortable.

depending on how you're built, you may fit fine, or not at all. try the car yourself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts