Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I put my $500 down at my local Toyota dealer, but I'm not wanting to wait the 3-6 months they said it could take. Does anyone know of anyplace in Ohio where there's no or almost no wait for one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Prius from the Toyota Dealer in Washington Court House. They were great people to work with. Unfortunately, they talked like they wouldn't get another Prius until the 067 came out. There is no harm in checking. I was also impressed with the Toyota Dealer at the Kings AutoMall in the greater Cincinnati area.
When I was looking for my Prius earlier this summer I called all dealers in the Dayton, Columbus & Cincinnati areas. Dayton & Cincinnati had far more cars on the lots available at sticker. The Prius was very scarce in the Columbus area.

Hope that helps :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
wittman2 said:
Hey all

I put my $500 down at my local Toyota dealer, but I'm not wanting to wait the 3-6 months they said it could take. Does anyone know of anyplace in Ohio where there's no or almost no wait for one?

Thanks!
You don't mention what part of the state you're in. I'm in Cincinnati but I ended up buying my Prius from Greentree Toyota near Louisville KY. If you're interested in contact information, let me know and I'll post the salesman's name and phone number. I had a great buying experience with them and would definitely recommend them.

If you're in the Columbus area, drop a message to Rick57 on http://www.priuschat.com - he's a Toyota Hybrid Technician with Germain Toyota in Columbus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that was my bad. I'm in Springfield, which is between Dayton and Columbus, and not too far from Cincy. I normally wouldn't mind waiting for my local dealer to get one in, but gas is killing me as I'm putting in close to $100 a week in my TrailBlazer right now. I love the TB, but at these gas prices I just can't afford to keep it. Any help would be appriciated in this matter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought mine from above mentioned Germain Toyota in Columbus this past July. Waited two days, as the car was en route when I called.

Salesman indicated this was not the norm for Columbus - but does show that if you call around you may luck out with timing - but this was before the gas price crunch.

I'm happy to pass on the salesman info, he was a good guy and did great follow up with a post-purchase paperwork problem I had. I was probably more knowledgeable about the car (due to independent net research) than he was, though.

CinciPrius - thanks for the heads up on Rick57!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts