1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI ~JD~

By Paul Rogers

Mercury News

In a surprise move, the state (California) announced Wednesday that owners of three types of hybrid cars -- the Toyota Prius, the Honda Civic and the Honda Insight -- can begin applying immediately for stickers that will allow them to drive solo in carpool lanes.
The owners of those vehicles can download a form from the state Department of Motor Vehicles Web site, pay $8, and receive a set of yellow stickers.
The Web address is http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.htm .

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Do these stickers need to be applied on the outside (bumper) of the car or can they be placed in the rear window or something like that?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do these stickers need to be applied on the outside (bumper)

I have no clue. I just got this news item off the net. It's all I know.

·
Registered
224 Posts
redwein said:
Do these stickers need to be applied on the outside (bumper) of the car or can they be placed in the rear window or something like that?
I'd assume they'd have to be placed somewhere that police officers can clearly see them. I'll see if I can spot one next time I see an electric car zipping by in the carpool lane.

·
Registered
370 Posts
paul16451 said:
redwein said:
I'd assume they'd have to be placed somewhere that police officers can clearly see them. I'll see if I can spot one next time I see an electric car zipping by in the carpool lane.
I've seen them on the CNG Honda Civics. They're either stuck on the back of the car or affixed to the window (not inside).

DGStan

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is something I have to do when I get home from work.

Oh, and for those residents of the San Francisco Bay Area, I called a DMV representative and they said a web page printout of your FasTrak account that shows your name, account number, and account standing (i.e. positive balance) is sufficient for the "original receipt" requirement that you have to send in with the form.

I'm looking forward to my sticker, it will save me a world of trouble driving home from my second job during the heart of commute hell...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts